chances.

<p>I have submitted my application to Virginia Tech, I am applying early decision and was just wondering my chances...</p>

<p>I am applying from out of state, New York to be exact. Jewish, White, Female. I am also graduating a year early, skipping junior year.</p>

<p>Unweighted GPA: 83
Weighted GPA: 90.89

<p>SAT I:
05/07
Critical Reading - 480
Math - 560
Writing - 500 (8 Essay)
10/07
Critical Reading - 520
Math - 580
Writing - 520 (8 Essay)</p>

<p>Courses:
8th: Earth Science H - 80, Math 1H - 82, French 1R - 85
Freshman: English 1R - 90, SS 1H - 72, Math 2R - 86, French 2R - 76, Biology R - 88, Art - 86, Intro to Computers - 100, Culinary Arts - 92
Sophomore: English 2R - 85, SS 2R - 79, Math 3R - 75, Sports Marketing - 96, Entertainment Marketing - 93
Senior Year: I am currently taking...
English 3R, Mass Media & Literature, US History (SS 3R), Economics/Participation in Government, E-Commerce (College Credit Course), Forensic Science, Health</p>

<p>Course Load remarks: My SAT grades are not amazing, but then again I was unaware I was even going to take them until I learned I was graduating early. After the 1st test I had decided to get a tutor, thus the second tests grades have increased a little. Sophomore year, I had some problems and was on homebound learning for a while, which would explain the little course load for that year.</p>

<p>You probably have a shot. Your SAT scores are below average for VT, and your GPA is probably right at average if not a little under. What are you planning on majoring in?</p>

<p>I am applying for communications.</p>

<p>Those SAT scores are pretty low though. And numbers are important for VT admission. Unlike UVA for example where they give importance to essays, ECs, etc.</p>

<p>She wants to be a communications major, so I think that you have a good chance of getting to Tech. You can always change your major, I hear kids at Tech do that a lot. If you change your mind when your a junior don't worry only 52% of Tech students graduate in the normal four years of college so you should have plenty of time to make up your mind.</p>

<p>i'd say your in about the 25% of applicants so if you have something interesting about you (that stands out cause of so many applications) you might get in but u might want to look into VCU or Radford</p>

<p>Thank you all for your opinions.</p>

<p>i am a hokie!</p>

<p>congrats shurgie so am i!</p>

<p>supersenior and shurgie, Way to go! Best wishes and congratulations to the both of you!</p>

<p>Please Chance Me...</p>

<p>SAT 1: 1270 (M-700, CR-570)
SAT Subjects: M2:800, PH:720</p>