Chances/$??

<p>Hi, I'm a junior right now so this whole process is still a year away, but im putting off revising an essay so just give me some input if you can.</p>

<p>White male, on financial aid at private Catholic hs in Mass.
(i live with my dad and my mom lives in sc, im gonna need a good chunk of money for college)</p>

<p>freshman yr-
i had the hardest schedule possible (4 honors, 4 reg college prep) and i got 2A+s, 5 As and 1 B+ in bio. </p>

<p>soph yr
religion A+
h english A-
h geometry B
h chemistry A-
h world history B+
h french III A</p>

<p>jr year 1st quarter
religion A+
h english A-
h precalc A
h physics B+
AP US History B+ -- should go up to A-
AP French B+ -- should go up to A-</p>

<p>Sr Year Sched.
Religion
AP Eng
AP Calc
AP Chem
AP Gov
Psychology</p>

<p>Last year I was ranked 10/334 in my class, I should still be in the top 15 at this point.</p>

<p>Ec's
Model UN - Exec Board(likely prez or vp)
Amnesty International - Exec Board
Peer Leadership - Exec council
Student Ambassadors
NHS/Peer Tutoring
Interact(comm serv) club
Lit mag - editor</p>

<p>Im projecting my SAT to be inbetween 2100-2250. Ill most likely be commended, not semifinalist for National Merit.
Part time job at Dunkin Donuts - around 19 hrs/wk</p>

<p>Applying to school of Journalism</p>

<p>Can I get a good scholarship, and do I stand a good chance of acceptance?</p>

<p>yeah you'll get 3/4 to full...but its not worth it</p>

<p>aww why not? I like what I hear about the school, the location is awesome, it has a j-school.</p>

<p>Curious here why are you projecting SAT to be that high? If it is based on grades, typically that will not translate. If it is by your PSAT scores, remember you don't take the written part</p>

<p>why is 3/4 or full tuition not worth it</p>

<p>Im projecting them to be that high because i have always done well on standardized tests. And yes it is partly by PSAT scores, but Im not too worried about the written part: we practice timed writing a lot in honors english so I feel pretty prepared. Im sorry if I'm too optimistic for your liking, but I sincerely believe that 2100-2250 is not an unlikely score for me to get; I know my strengths and weaknesses pretty well. I wont panic if my scores are a little lower than this, I'll just make sure to study and improve my score the next time.</p>

<p>I am happy that you are optimistic, I think that should be your essay. Now as a mom, my kids have to take written exams every other year since 3rd grade, they have always scored 4 out of 4 (timed & must end on the alloted line), and did not score 700+ on SAT...sorry for being the downer. I am positive you will be successful and get accepted anywhere you desire, I only hope that you are willing to see your competition.</p>

<p>MY EXAMPLE (kids):
S:
3.5 uw/4.25w
5 yrs. foreign lang
5 COLLEGE BOARD CERT AP ($83 test fee)
Math: 5
Sci: 5
Eng : 5
Hist: 5</p>

<p>Has 5 because was "gifted" so 8th =9th and was able to go 1/2 day to cc and 1/2 at hs for sr. yr. Took all of AP tests passed w/transferrable pts. He also had the EC's (NHS, Habitat for Humanity, FHS, Bronze Medalist for Jr. Olympics Tae Kwon Do, Lifeguard 20 hrs school/40 summer)</p>

<p>D has your exact same course level and what I believe is the same GPA - diff. electives. 3.5/4.07 (lower than bro because AP classes are not offered until you finish all of the state mandated, i.e. must complete Physics (h) and then can go back and do Bio AP) I expect GPA to go up next year for AP's</p>

<p>Finally if you were a meritorious for PSAT remember to look for the scholarship and it is a great resume fact</p>