Chances

<p>What are my chances for early decision?
Ohio resident
Male
GPA 3.773 unweighted
SAT: Verbal-590, Math-530, Writing-560;
1600 scale-1120 2400 scale-1680
ACT: English-28, Math-24, Reading-24, Science-24, Composite-25</p>

<p>AP classes: AP Government; AP Language and Composition, AP Latin V
Extracurriculars: Football-1 year, Cross Country-3 years, Marching Band-4 years, Latin Club-4 years, Ski Club-4 years, Guitar Club-1 year, Junior Statesmen of America-1 year, Concert Band-4 years
Employment-April 2006 to present</p>

<p>Any feedback is appreciated.</p>

<p>in...................</p>

<p>most likely in</p>

<p>I posted this on a different thread, but do any of you know how Virginia Tech handles their ACT scores for freshman applicants? For instance, the University of Georgia apparently just considers the Math, English, and essay scores (not the total composite score) - does Virginia Tech consider the entire score during the freshman application process? Thanks!</p>

<p>If I remember correctly - so I could be entirely wrong - Virginia Tech translates the English, Critical Reading, and Math portions of the ACT into SAT equivalents and then considers the highest between either an SAT testing session or ACT testing session.</p>

<p>Considering early decision, is it less competitive for an out-of-state resident to be accepted than an in-state resident?</p>

<p>I'd say OOS is always more competitive than IS.</p>

<p>I almost forgot about this post I made. For those of you wondering, I did get accepted, early decision, to the engineering program at Virginia Tech. I got my notification on Friday, December 7th. Thanks again for those who provided feedback.</p>

<p>aaluise: where u from in ohio? i am from cinci and applied for engineering (RD) with similar gpa</p>

<p>Bexley, which is a small town inside of Columbus</p>

<p>Cool, did you apply to osu's engineering program (i did as my safety)</p>

<p>I thought about applying to OSU, but ended up applying to UC's engineering program as my safety</p>

<p>Congratualtions!! Did you ask any teachers for recommendations? I am wondering if I should do it since they are optional.</p>

<p>ha, i bet uc will give u close to full ride. Congrats on VT though, hopefully ill join ya next year</p>

<p>I asked my Latin teacher for a recommendation. Some people say that Virginia Tech doesn't look too closely at recommendations, but I thought it was a good idea to go ahead and send one anyway.</p>

<p>Yea, they might do that. Anyway, good luck with getting accepted, it's always nice to see other Ohioans in a place filled with mostly Virginians.</p>

<p>Thanks for replying. Where did you download the recommendation form from? Or was it electronic.</p>

<p>As far as I know, Virginia Tech doesn't have an official recommendation form. My school has specific forms required for a recommendation, which I got from my counselor. After I had everything from my Latin teacher, I gave the recommendation and forms to my counselor, who mailed it to the admissions office at Virginia Tech. This is the only way that I know to send a recommendation.</p>

<p>ya i sent two of them and a counselor rec...</p>