Chances?

<p>It's been about 3 months since I applied to UW-Madison's College of Engineering, and I'm starting to freak out a little bit... Does anyone think I'll get in?</p>

<p>GPA: 3.34 (?) on a 4.0 scale (4.155 on a 5.0 scale)
ACT: 29</p>

<p>Activities:
-Gymnastics (4 years)
-Robotics (4 years)
-Math Team (3 years)
-Jazz Band (2 years)
-Marching Band (3 years)
-Symphonic Band (2 years)
-Concert Band (1 year)
-Pep Band (3 years)</p>

<p>Community Service:
-A-OK (Acts of Kindness) (1 year)
-Numerous volunteer activities through robotics, gymnastics, and band</p>

<p>Work:
-At a local eye doctor (about 20 hours/week for the past year and a half)</p>

<p>Chancy--maybe, maybe not. Probably postponed.</p>

<p>Hmmm... Good ACT + OK GPA, good ECs
I say:
35% Chance Clear Admit
40% Chance Postpone
25% Chance Deny</p>

<p>If you get postpones, I'll give you a 60% chance if still getting it
100(2)= 200, 60+35=95 95/200....
I SAY YOU HAVE A 47 PERCENT CHANCE OF GETTING ADMITTED, AND A 53 PERCENT CHANCE OF NOT GETTING ADMITTED.</p>

<p>wow, that was complicated.</p>

<p>i'd say postpone, numbers are kinda weak for that dept. good luck though!</p>

<p>How were you recommendations? Wisconsin isn't known to regard them too highly but if they're good, it could give you the boost you need.</p>

<p>I got a recommendation from the Division Head of the Business, Technology, and Life Studies division. He gave me a copy, and I thought it was pretty good.</p>

<p>I just got my first semester grades today, and my GPA is now 4.25 on a 5.0 scale, and my class rank is 136/522. If I am postponed (I still haven't heard back), will I eventually get in on these stats?</p>

<p>It is your obligation to translate your grades into the unweighted 4=A format, and to do the percentile for your class rank- do not expect anyone else to do your work for you. Who knows about postponed and chances...</p>