Chances?

<p>New York
GPA: 3.6 W/ My school doesn't tell me the W grade
SAT: CR:640/ M:620/ Writing: 730
ACT: 27</p>

<p>2 AP's, everything else honors</p>

<p>Major: Journalism</p>

<p>EC:
-13 years of martial arts (2nd degree black belt)
-Station manager of school's radio station
-President of Model UN club
-Coach of a baseball team for mentally and physically handicapped kids
-2 years of varsity baseball (stopped b/c of injury)
-Treasurer of media club
-9 years of playing guitar
-EMT certified
-National Honor Society member</p>

<p>Work:
-Intern at a media production company
-Photo assistant
-Camp counselor</p>

<p>I'm not expecting to get in, but it's worth a shot</p>

<p>You should have applied Early Action. I saw you also posted this on the UF board. If you're only sending your application now to UF, you hardly have a shot because their primary deadline was Nov. 1st and all other applications are reviewed on a space available basis.</p>

<p>Anyway, I feel like UM is a reach for you. Being from NY doesn't help with their geographical diversity either, considering it's the 2nd largest represented state there. (FL is the 1st) Your test scores, GPA, and course difficulty are all under par. Good luck, but I wouldn't be shocked if you get rejected from both places.</p>

<p>I sent all my application back in October</p>

<p>Gomets 51- I am a junior very interested in Miami, and your stats looked great! I'm curious to know- did you get in, or not?</p>

<p>I'd say that you definitely standout. Some of your extracurriculars are very unique and would make up for your just below mean SAT (for Miami) and your GPA seems to be in range and I'm assuming you go to one of the best public schools in the nation such as Great Neck, Jericho, JFK or another prestigious public school in Nassau/Suffolk county.</p>

<p>So, I'm gonna say a 75%-80% chance of getting accepted which is very ,very high.</p>

<p>You SHOULD expect to get in! You are an excellent canidate! Gosh, it just blows me away how many really great students there are nowadays!</p>

<p>Send them a little note to remind them, make sure they got all your stuff. RESEND about your extra curriculars. If I were an admissions officer I would choose you!</p>

<p>I'd hate to be an admissions officer, too hard to say no to so many other great kids. I hope everyone gets into wherever they have their hearts set on. This web site shows the world that not every kid in America thinks Lohan and Hilton are "hot." If we are America's future, then I'm feeling better about mine each and everyday. </p>

<p>Good luck guys, everyone on here deserves their dreams to come true! You are all in my prayers! Blessings!</p>