My unweighted gpa is ~3.15
My sats are
Math - 700
CR - 660
Writing - 610</p>

<p>I have good EC's as well</p>

<p>Someone told me Purdue would be a safety...i was skeptical...</p>

<p>Safety? That gpa might be low.</p>

<p>My SAT's wreck their averages and 30% of accepted students have lower than what i have..</p>

<p>Judging by what others have told myself and what I've read throughout the forums, I would say you are most likely going to be accepted.</p>

<p>But my opinion is a grain of salt in this case.</p>

<p>I mean..i got accepted to American University last year and their admissions are much higher ranked by Princeton review (92 compared to Purdue's 81)...i just dont want any surprises because as of now only UIUC and Purdue are on my list...any comp sci schools you think i should consider btw? :D</p>

<p>I think you'll be fine when you apply cuz your SAT scores are nice and GPA is average. Purdue says they're gonna start being more selective but I think you should be fine. There are lots of kids dumber than you who get in. UIUC is gonna be hard I think.</p>

<p>remember im applying to the LAS school at UIUC not the engineering school - do you think id have a decent shot at that school?</p>

<p>From what I hear UIUC cares more about your class rank then GPA or SAT. So unless your hs isn't that good, I doubt you'll get in cuz your class rank is probably gonna be like 50% or something. And applying to LAS doesn't make THAT big of a difference. I mean you have to be border for that to matter. So unless you write a KILLER essay, I think UIUC is a longshot.</p>

<p>i disagree, first off i dont have a class rank, and secondly, 50% of most students in high school dont have a 3.0 gpa..and the LAS school is much easier to get into..you do realize UIUC has a 70% acceptance rate?</p>

<p>trust me, you have a class rank. They just might not let you know
3.2 is low and most good high schools top 40 or 50% do have a 3.0
My son's top 20% had a GPA of 3.89 on an unweighted scale
top 50% had a 3.0 and top 75% had 2.8</p>

<p>I would say if you apply early for next year you might get in but no way you would this year with low GPA
you SAT are not too bad</p>

<p>no i dont think you understand - i moved from my school to this area and am getting a california high school diploma but the school i technically graduated from was a school of independent study. no. they dont rank lol. trust me.</p>

<p>Ok. Well we can put it this way. B/c your school does not have class rank, then they will take your gpa and compare you to the incoming freshman. I know that in Illinois in any suburban high school, at LEAST 50% have a 3.0 GPA. In my graduating class, I had a 3.6 and I was 40%. I think they said 75% of my class had a 3.0 or higher. Granted, I did go to a pretty nice high school. However, that is the competition you face. But then again, b/c you are from Cali and going to pay out of state, you probably have a better shot because I know all schools like out of state students who pay more. So I would say you have a better chance then an Illinois student with your grades/scores but I don't think you're a shoo-in by any means.</p>

<p>ok this thread can die now, i got the info i needed, thanks all.</p>

<p>I guess he wanted us to lie so he could toot his horn?
There are private schools and hard schools everywhere... not just where he went and the shoo-ins are 3.9-4.0 on a 4.0 scale.</p>