Chances???

<p>Hey guys I'm a junior in high school and I'm very interested in VT. I plan on applying there this fall and I wanna see what my chances are. Help me out!</p>

<p>In-State
Top Quarter of Class
GPA: 3.6 (upward trend)
SAT: 1140/1600 - 1640/2400
Reading: 530
Math: 610
Writing: 500
(Taking SAT again in June)
(Also took ACT, scores aren't in yet)</p>

<p>Advanced Classes:
Honors English 10
Honors Biology 10
Adv. Algebra II 10
AP US History 11
Spanish IV 11
Honors Chemistry 11
AP Language & Composition 11
Algebra III w/ Trig 11
AP Comparative Government 12
AP Environmental Science 12
DE Biology 12
DE English 12
Prob & Stats 12</p>

<p>EC:
Student Council Association (Historian)
National Honor Society
Swim Team (Lettered all three years, Top 5 scorer, Academic award, went to Districts and Regionals)
Summer League Swimming (12 years, Placed in finals almost every year)
Key Club
Students Against Destructive Decisions
Young Republicans
Youth in Philanthropy
Mission trip to an orphanage in Honduras for two summers
Soup kitchen for church
Young Life</p>

<p>You're going to have to work on your SATs and GPA, especially if you're thinking about going into a competitive major like engineering. Your ECs look great, though.</p>

<p>My best advice is always to shoot for that middle-50% range of GPA and SATs to gauge yourself:</p>

<p>This year it was</p>

<p>GPA 3.71-4.15
SAT 1160-1330</p>

<p>You should really shoot for a score in between there for your best chances. Also you HAVE to have a 600 Math section to get into engineering. That's a hard and fast rule.</p>

<p>I believe you also need physics in HS along with the 600 in math on the SATs to be accepted to the engineering program at VT. Go to the web site and get the straight story. VT is an excellent engineering school. I work with many engineering graduates from Virginia and they are top notch. Good luck!</p>