Chances :)

<p>I would apply to the business school</p>

<p>I'm a junior and my current unweighted gpa = 3.6 weighted=3.9 (should go up)
SAT: 1780 (planning to take it again in June, and I'm hoping to get at least a 2000)
SAT Subject Tests: Took French and Math in May
My current class rank is 29/166
White Female
In one of the most, if not the most, competitive public school districts in North Carolina </p>

<p>Currently taking AP French Language (and next year I'm planning to take AP Comparitive Government, AP Human Geography, AP English Lit, and a french class at UNC-CH</p>

<p>Taking online marketing class & self studying AP Psychology</p>

<p><strong>EC's</strong> + I have the most service learning hours in my grade
-founder/co-president of the Amnesty International Club (11,
-founder/co-president of the Movie Club (11,
-Junior Advisory Guide (11) and next year one of the people in charge of the program
-treasurer of National Honor Society
-Third World Relief Club (10)
-JV Volleyball Captain + on Varisty (10)
-In Academy of International Studies at my school + A.I.S Board (10, 11,
-Graduation Project Committee</p>

<p>I have over 500 service learning hours by:
-volunteer at local elementary school every summer (9, 10, 11)
-voluneer at local library (10, 11)
-CIT for 3 weeks at a YMCA Camp (10)
-volunteer counselor at an Art Camp (9)
-volunteer at local walks (9, 10)
-childrens soccer coach (9, 10, 11)
-tutor for students at my school (11,
-I stay afterschool to fundraise for the Amnesty Club-which gets me more service hours</p>

<p>i've been to summer camps like NC State Design camp (2 summers), Savannah College of Art and Design Summer Camp (1 summer), and Minnesota College of Art and Design Summer Camp (1 summer)</p>

<p>I'm going to be a Governor's Page this summer</p>

<p>Awards so far::
NC Scholar-Athlete Award
Varsity Letter (volleyball) </p>

<p>just let me know what you think!</p>

<p>yes. ur in.</p>

<p>oh and i forgot to mention i'm a double legacy.</p>

<p>While your SAT scores seem slightly low, your GPA is more than adequate and your list of extracurricular activities is extensive. You should have absolutely no problem getting in.</p>

<p>thanks! anyone else?</p>

<p>i think you’re a shoo in. though your SAT score is kinda low for being in one of the best districts in nc…you should have no trouble staying and graduating if you study.</p>

<p>thanks msl2008! anyone else?</p>

<p>bump 10 char</p>

<p>in for sure</p>

<p>does anyone know anything about the honors college? I didn’t know if I have a chance of getting into it (if i raise my sat to around a 2000)</p>

<p>yeah, you’re definitely in…Hmm,honors program. I’ve had some experience with the honors program, albeit it was in engineering. After consulting several people and due to my personal experiences, I don’t see any value in honor programs at Purdue. Yes, the classes are quicker paced and you might learn a bit more. But overall, it really isn’t worth the time and effort.</p>

<p>And especially since you’re applying to the business school, I highly encourage you to invest your time in other activities, such as leadership positions in clubs.</p>

<p>thanks for the insight on the honors program, euroboilermaker! i’ve been trying to find information about the honors program, but truthfully, the website doesn’t seem to really explain it in detail. </p>

<p>any other thoughts?</p>

<p>Honestly screw the honors program. It’s not like in high school where your placed with smarter kids since regular classes are too slow and stuff. College classes are a whole new story and honestly I don’t think it would matter for future employment if you were in the honors program. Unless you want to go to grad school or med school or something, it might matter but getting a job is usually more experience than academics. So don’t even go into the program and suffer for nothing, just do well with the regular program. This is just my opinion on the program so just saying.</p>

<p>I’m probably going to go to grad school to get MBA</p>

<p>LolyGAGHa, if you’re interested in getting an MBA, then this might be a useful piece of news:
Purdue’s MBA program just got ranked 1st regionally by employers in a survey conducted by Wall Street Journal.</p>

<p>I’d post a link to the article in WSJ.com, but they have subscription issues.</p>

<p>thanks so much for the info euroboilermaker, i’ll def. check that out!</p>

<p>How is Purdue for Physics? Compared to top schools?</p>

<p>Yeah, I would say your pretty safe. My advice is to apply as early as possible. I was somewhat of a slacker in high school, but since going to PU, I have turned things around. What engineering were you thinking about going into? I do agree that the honors program is not worth your time. Boiler Up!!!</p>

<p>chuckmandu: i’m interested in business, specifically international business and marketing, not engineering. i’m going to try to apply as early as possible and def. by the EA deadline.</p>

<p>If you want to get into Krannert, as Chuckmandu said you should apply early when the applications are available. Also try to get your school to send the transcripts and all to Purdue right when school starts. Since Purdue is a rolling admissions school, they do it by when they receieve the applications. Due to this the earlier you apply, the easier your chances are. Since Krannert is also getting alot more popular, its getting more popular and all. There is so EA deadline so try to do it around late August, since I believe applications come out around that time or mid-August. Krannert doesn’t have Marketing as a major when your an undergraduate also, Marketing goes under Liberal Arts College I believe. Your grades should also be somewhat above average since Krannert is probably the second hardest program to get into after the first year engineering program. Well… it can also be tied with Flight program but yeah its up there in terms of admissions. If you don’t make it into the Bus. school then just come in as a liberal arts major in something of your choice then just do a CODO(Change of Degree Objective) which basically is a transfer from one college to another(CLA to Krannert). Krannert is somewhat decently easy to get into in terms of a CODO if your going for the Lower Division in Management. You just really need a 2.5 cumulative GPA along with a few other stuff like not taking a few specific classes a few times.</p>