Chances?

<p>Can anyone tell me what are my chances of getting into Purdue?</p>

<p>I've basically been educated according to the British educational system. My grades are:</p>

<p>O Level: 5 As, 3 Bs and a C. (A = 90+, B = 80+, C = 70+) </p>

<p>AS Level: A A B B D (in Computing, Physics, Maths, Psychology and Chemistry respectively)
Also taking a one year accelerated Art and Design A Level.</p>

<p>I want to do electronic engineering, so I don't see how the poor grade in Chemistry should matter.</p>

<p>We don't have a GPA system as such so I have got literally no idea how it translates to the American educational system.</p>

<p>I've heard A Level courses are equivalent to AP courses. If not slightly harder.</p>

<p>My SAT score: 1990 (R = 630, M = 660, W = 700)</p>

<p>Loads of extra curricular activities, like, being the vice-president of the Music Society at my school, being selected for and attending a youth leadership conference in the US, interning at a reputed national newspaper, working as an organizer for a couple of large scale exhibitions, community service, an avid graphic designer (designed stuff like posters, invitations cards etc for school events and tickets and stage backdrop for a music concert), an avid book reader (I have actually been selected to represent my school at an annual Spelling Bee competition), played the lead role in a short film for a competition.</p>

<p>Plus there are dozens of certificates for achievements throughout my academic life like being a Prefect, Head Boy, president of the English Society, executive member of the Broadcasting Unit, winning art competitions, talent shows etc.</p>

<p>Currently, I am working with some peers to organize a youth leadership workshop at our school. I am also participating in a software programming competition and plan to organize a singing competition at our school.</p>

<p>Electronic Engineering? Never knew that Purdue had that… Or are you talking about Computer Science? If so, I can see you have a good chance but know that if your going for CS then you got ALOT of math waiting ahead of you.</p>