Chances??

<p>chances please
male
catholic school
multiracial (white/asian)
OOS</p>

<p>GPA UW 3.6 W 4.0 , i hav a significant upward trend after a bad freshman year
ACT 31 (E:35 M:28 R:30 S:32 W:8)
will have taken 3 APs by the time i graduate
havent taken sat2 yet</p>

<p>solid ec's
around 100 hours as an assistant basketball coach
on nationally ranked high school volleyball team, and very competitive club team, this takes up like all of my time outside of school so i dont hav other great ec's other than a few clubs im a member of</p>

<p>Well worth the shot. Around 50-50.</p>

<p>thanks for the input! i would also like to add that my soph/jr. gpa was a combined 3.8 i hope the upward trend helps me out</p>

<p>I had really similar stats and I got in.</p>

<p>thanks! thats good to hear</p>

<p>I say much better than 50/50. Your 31 on the ACT is significantly above the top quarter for admitted freshmen (29) according to UW’s 2011/2012 “Admissions Expectations,” and your unweighted GPA of 3.6 is close to the middle. I’d put your chances at at least 75 percent.</p>

<p>^I think that’s a profile of all admits, not just OOS. State residency is a considerable factor at UW. But I also think you have a very good chance. GPA is just a bit below median, and your ACT is very good. </p>

<p>Nova is referring to this: <a href=“http://www.admissions.wisc.edu/images/UW_FreshAdmitExpect.pdf[/url]”>http://www.admissions.wisc.edu/images/UW_FreshAdmitExpect.pdf&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p&gt;

<p>My main concern would be the low number of AP classes IF more are available at the school. Moderate GPA and low AP total made me put it down a notch. With 5 or more APs the probability would be higher.</p>

<p>Barrons you may be right, not to mention that the guy has posted four different ACT scores (28, 29, 30, and 31) on four different “chances” threads and is ranked lower than the top 15 percent of his class. All depends on what his real number are, I guess.</p>

<p>Hey novaparent I see use done some looking around and so ya I’ve taken multiple acts and my class rank is what u said, the stats u see on this thread r the most up to date</p>

<p>I’ve also only taken 3/9 ap classes my school offers altho almost all other courses were honors</p>

<p>Do apply- the worst case is not getting accepted, and that in time to apply elsewhere if you get your stuff in early.</p>

<p>Are you in NHS? Idk why but some schools really like it.</p>

<p>no im not a member of nhs, my school has it, i just really didnt see the point of the joining</p>

<p>Some students go that “extra mile” by meeting the requirements for honor organizations- NHS being one. Joining when eligible may mean you bothered to do just a bit more, or a lot more, depending on the HS. Not bothering to do so may give another student an advantage over you. This is not the same as paying money to be listed in some “Who’s Who” that sends invitaions to many students.</p>

<p>will applying as early as possible benefit me or not so much?</p>

<p>Not so much but it can’t hurt.</p>