Change Courses

<p>I'm majoring in chemical engineering, and at my NSC I registered for MATH 151, CHEM 101, ENGR 111 (honors), and HLTH 236. I considered taking physics, but because I have a scholarship that requires a 3.5 and 208 is supposed to be ridiculously difficult, I decided to take 218 in the spring and 208 at a community college over the summer. I'm starting to regret it though. I feel like it would be harder to find people to work with since most students follow the traditional sequence. I'd also prefer not to take an online course my first semester in.</p>

<p>Long story short, should I just take physics in the fall (and remove hlth 236), or stick with what I have now? </p>

<p>I took 208 during the summer and I don’t regret it one bit. One of the best decisions I made. I never used that stuff once.</p>

<p>If possible you could consider moving HLTH 236 to a different semester and take 218 during your fall semester. MOST kids do take 218 during their first fall semester. MATH 151, CHEM 101, ENGR 111 and PHYS 218 looks like a good schedule to me.</p>

<p>I agree with chaoswtihinthed.</p>

<p>Talk to your assigned advisor. My S had AP credit for both of his Physics courses, but decided to take them again at TAMU. His advisor was very open and told my son that when the department decides who gets into Engineering after the first semester, they may give preference to those who completed Physics at TAMU. This year is much different than any previous years as the College of Engineering no longer gives you your preferred major until you have completed at least 1 semester. My S didn’t want to chance it.</p>