Change from College of Education to Mays Business School?

My DS really wants to go to TAMU. On one of our visits he decided he wants to apply for the Technology degree from the College of Education.

I think that is a big mistake, I know he will be happier in the Management Information System degree from Mays school of business.

Will he be able to change majors from the Educational College degree to the MIS degree in Mays once he gets there?

I would appreciate any insight, thank you!

I meant to add that the first 2 years of the academic plans for both the Technology degree and the MIS degree are identical.

Mays is EXTREMELY difficult to transfer into—they only do 100 transfers (including both internal and external candidates) and the requirements are stringent. It would be far better to apply to Mays and transfer out if he decides later that he’d prefer Education.

It is also extremely difficult to get into Mays as a review applicant, as only a few spots are help for reviews and the rest are filled by auto/academic admits.
In reading the Aggie Parent page, the current freshman class is cramped, as 100 more freshman accepted admissions than anticipated.

Other options are: he can minor in Business without changing majors, join in various clubs/organizations & do internships. Internal transfers are easier than external, and the criteria has changed - it use to be 30 units required now it is much less. MIS isn’t as full as other majors, so it is more probable to transfer in. He will need to do well to have a fighting chance of transferring. When he gets admission, you can ask if Mays is still open, if so he can change to that major - but chances are slim it will be open unless he is an early review admit.

Thank you. I really appreciate the insight.

AGmomx2; I think that sounds like a great idea, thank you so much for the guidance!

I am gathering that Mays is going to be very difficult to get into either way so maybe I will just let him go with his technology degree and minor in Business.

That is, IF he gets into TAMU at all. We are OOS but trying really hard… Stayed the night w the Corps (he LOVED it and wants to be a Cadet more than anything), did the preview day and going to Whooping Weekend… Maybe if they see he is super interested, they will let one more non Texan in!

Thanks for the help!