Changing a course after schedule is confirmed

<p>DS just discovered a space that has opened up in a class that he really wants to take. Can he add it and drop another class even though he confirmed his schedule yesterday? I’m assuming it must be ok since the add drop deadline is Aug 28, but he wasn’t sure if confirming his schedule made it final.</p>

<p>Yes, he can make changes. Confirming a schedule doesn’t mean what it sounds like. It doesnt mean you are setting a schedule in stone. </p>

<p>^^^Thanks M2CK. I thought that must be the case, but DS is the cautious type!</p>

<p>Remember that if the new class time-conflicts w/ the old class, you need to ‘drop’ the old class first and then ‘add’ the new class. Make double sure that there is an opening in the new class before proceeding (i.e., not waitlist spot). Another student might be online the same time as you and, if these are popular classes, will snatch up your dropped class immediately. Some people have reported doing these drops/adds in the middle of the night when there is less likelihood of anyone trying for the same classes. Good luck!</p>

<p>Sounds like good advice aeromom, I’ll pass it on.</p>