Changing ACT scores after I submit the application?

So I’m September I took the ACT and I didn’t think I did so well. I recently got a 30 on a practice test and didn’t finish three questions of the math section. I decided to study a little more and take the October Test. I did this. After I took the October test, I got my scores back from the September test, and learned I got a 34 Composite(32 Science, 33 Reading, 35 English, 35 Math, 8 Writing). It took so long to get my September scores because I have multiday extended time and I forgot to put my address on the test. Since I thought it would be hard to do better than a 34, I submitted the application with the September score. I am wondering now what to do if I end up doing better on the October test( I haven’t gotten scores back yet). Should I change to application to put the new scores in if I do better. Obviously the most I could have improved is two points, so that might not make a big difference. Part of the reason I’m wondering is that I’m little worried that my writing score of 8 is not high enough for top schools like UCB and UCLA. Would it be worth changing the application if I do better. I should get the October scores this week. I have not officially submitted to September scores, because I was told to allow two weeks. The deadline is the 31st for most school.

I would send all scores and they will use the highest total score from a single sitting. I would send them now to make the deadline. The writing score is important, but they will put more emphasis on your personal insight essays than your SAT/ACT writing score. A 34 ACT will make you competitive for the top UC’s.

Did you indicate that you would be taking the October ACT test on your application? If so, they will be expecting that score to complete your application.

@Gumbymom Ok I sent my September scores today. I did not say on the application I planned to take the October one. Should I send those scores even if I did worse than the September one?

For the UC’s, they want all scores but since you already have the October scores, they should be sent with the September scores unless you used score choice.

@Gumbymom Ok thanks for the info, I will do that.