Changing class after getting admitted

<p>Hi </p>

<p>I have been admitted to Purdue already. I am considering changing a course in my last semester of Senior year. Will that affect the admit decision? Is there any information on Purdue's policy on this.</p>

<p>Thanks</p>

<p>Isn’t too late for most high schools to change courses already? But I’m sure if the course was a filler elective, it wouldn’t matter. You should email admissions office to be sure about any other class.</p>

<p>As the previous poster stated, it really depends on what course you are changing. Here is a link to Purdue’s High School Course Requirements for students who are planning on applying:</p>

<p>[Purdue</a> University :: High School Course Requirements](<a href=“http://admissions.purdue.edu/apply/highschoolcourses.php]Purdue”>High School Course Requirements - Undergraduate Admissions - Purdue University)</p>

<p>If it is just an elective that you are changing, then I don’t think it will matter very much. If the course you are changing is more of a core class, then it might matter because if you change the course, you might no longer meet their minimum admissions requirements. For example, if you are going to drop a math class and then take an elective in its place, then you may no longer meet their math requirements for admission since they require 8 semesters of math in high school. If you are dropping down to a lower level math class, then it might not matter because you would still be fulfilling the requirements for 8 semesters of math. My daughter is taking AP Calculus BC this year, which is an extremely difficult class, and after first semester several students from her class dropped down to AP Calculus AB, which is still a difficult class, but moves at a much slower pace than AP Calculus BC.</p>

<p>So it really depends on which course you are changing. I would contact the admissions office and get a clear answer on what their policy is. I would think they would need to be notified of any changes. I remember one of my daughter’s colleges stated that ALL changes in courses had to be reported to the university. I think it was UIUC. I would think that Purdue would want to know about it regardless of what the class was and regardless if it affected your admission status. No matter where you go to college, they require you to send them a final transcript, so they will eventually find out about the change. I would notify them sooner rather than later.</p>