Changing declared major after App submitted?

<p>So I applied to UCLA as a art/design major but I would like to switch my major to psychology.
is it too late? I applied around November 11th and I did email the admission officer…
and will it decrease my chance of getting in?</p>

<p>I’d leave that alone until you arrive on campus - then change away. Who knows, you might change your mind again by then.</p>

<p>I agree with NcalRent, wait it out. However, if changing your major involves switching fields ask about it <em>before</em> accepting an acceptance. Some colleges (especially engineering colleges) won’t allow you to switch in, or require prerequisites that you’ll want to start asap.</p>

<p>The only reason I want to change it is because of the portfolio. I have it done but I don’t want to go in for art / design. but then if I don’t submit the portfolio at all then it means I’m basically withdrawing my application. That’s why I wanted to change my declared major to psychology :o </p>

<p>Contact the school and ask but, if you don’t want to do the work of assembling a portfolio, perhaps UCLA isn’t for you. Hopefully, you applied elsewhere and in a major that won’t require a portfolio. </p>

<p>Lol its not about me being lazy about the portfolio. I did do it but I talked to this person who’s in the program right now and it just doesn’t seem to be the best program for me. Yes I did apply to other schools. And I am submitting a portfolio for others.</p>