changing Engineering focus

<p>Is it very difficult to change from one type of engineering to another at A and M? What is the process like?</p>

<p>I don’t think it is as long as you make good grades. All Engineering majors take the same core curriculum their first year, meaning you won’t be at a specific advantage or disadvantage to students in other engineering disciplines. After the first year, many students will drop out because it is so hard, leaving you to pick and choose your discipline depending on your grades and how many spots are left.</p>

<p>That’s just what I’ve heard from people at the university.</p>

<p>Are you a student at A&M? If not, have you heard this from engineering students who attend A&M?</p>

<p>I will be a student next year. I have heard this from some faculty that I’ve spoken to as well as some current students. I do know that for the most part, all engineering majors’ first year curriculum are the same.</p>

<p>It is not difficult, IF you keep your grades up. Most engineering disciplines have a minimum GPA to continue on after freshmen year, aim above that. The higher the GPA, the easier it will be to transfer. Talk to your academic advisior and he/she can send you on your way. </p>

<p>Many of my friends have transfered out and into various disciplines and I’m a current student.</p>