Changing Intended Major

<p>Hello,
I just applied to Purdue University via the common app. I applied for the school of mechanical engineering, and now I realized I would rather apply to mechanical engineering technology instead. If I change my intended major engineering technology, would I have a better chance of getting in (since my ACT scores were not up to par with the average Purdue engineer's ACT scores)? Would I be penalized at all? How do I do this?</p>

<p>Changing your major at Purdue after November 8th removes you from being eligible for the Trustee and Presidential scholarships.I just changed my major today from a BA in Economics to Krannert Economics and was really upset to find out that I was no longer capable of earning one of those scholarships. It’ll probably be what keeps me from going to this amazing school. To change your major, though, go to Purdue’s website and type in “change” in the search bar. It’ll be the first result that comes up. Fill out the form with your new major and then you’re all set.</p>