Changing rooms

<p>Son and friend want to change rooms in riverside west. They are rising sophomores. Anyone know when or how they could do this? They want to move in with two other friends.</p>

<p>If there are vacancies in the room then just log in sometime during the next room selection date and just select the new room you want to move into.</p>

<p>Or you can give one of the current people in the room your son’s proxy code and they can pull him in that way.</p>

<p>I could be wrong, but I don’t think current students (rising sophomores) can change rooms now. One of D’s friends said she asked about this and said she was told she couldn’t.</p>

<p>My bad, I completely missed the part where it said they were rising Sophs. I thought they were incoming freshmen.</p>

<p>Send an e-mail to housing and detail what they want to do. Sometimes, a move can be made. It may take a few weeks, but it is possible. Last spring after selections were done, my son and his roommates wanted to move into the Bluffs. They met with housing and over the summer, they got an e-mail stating that there was an opening in the Bluffs if they wanted it.</p>

<p>Do the friends have other suitemates already? Is it a possibility to do a “Swap”, being if the other guys are agreeable. Best chance if they are offering a high demand dorm. That may be possible to do anytime.</p>

<p>They actually have a friend with the spaces available. He tried to pull them in when it was open for freshman selection but couldn’t.</p>