Changing your Major - Is it hard?

<p>How hard is it to change your major while at Purdue? I was accepted for just a undecided major but I want to eventually go into Aeronautical Engineering. Does anyone know how this works? I feel like it would be extremely hard just because engineering students are so intense.. or this is what I hear at least.</p>

<p>Sorry to say but you cannot transfer into Aeronautical Engineering. That being said, you will have to transfer into FYE and then go into AE. It will be difficult and you will have to be lucky, but you should be able to do it. Just take
1.Calculus,
2.Chemisty/Physics with a Calculus base, and
3.At least two of the following - Chemistry II, CS programming (C language), Biology I, English composition, a communications class or other humanities course.</p>

<p>All with the best grades you can muster.
I also recommend taking a look at the Plan of Study <a href=“https://engineering.purdue.edu/AAE/Academics/Undergrad/pos[/url]”>Academics - School of Aeronautics and Astronautics - Purdue University; and take the electives now so you minimize the amount of time you have to stay in past 4 years.</p>

<p>You are also going to have to be lucky, because CODOing into Engineering is difficult and they don’t accept that many.</p>