Cheapest internet service provider

<p>For those of you living off campus, what is the cheapest internet provider in the blacksburg area? DSL and cable service only. No dial up or satellite.</p>

<p>Two Main Options: Comcast or NTC. NTC blows beyond belief, but if you live in certain places such as Terrace View or Collegiate Suites or Maple Ridge, you have no choice.</p>

<p>Comcast is for pretty much every where else including Foxridge. With Comcast, if you complain about stuff such as slow internet and you complain enough to the people at the Main Street Office, they will give you discounts and free channels.</p>

<p>Some places have Verizon DSL, and you may be able to get Sattelite Internet (but it blows) at places such as University Terrace and others near the math emporium.</p>

<p>In places where DSL and cable are both available, you probably want to go with DSL for speed. I can’t IMAGINE what the speeds slow down to in a rats nest of cable installs like Fox Ridge (if it even is)</p>

<p>Plus I just hate Comcast :-)</p>

<p>I am going to be living at Fox Ridge and my room mate got Comcast. Does the internet really slow down that much? I never had Comcast before.</p>

<p>Comcast is not that bad. NTC is way worse.</p>