checking app status

<p>bmwdan13, did they send you a letter of acceptance or was it under the status check thing?</p>

<p>Everyone out there who applied to UW-Madison....I submitted my application on 9/20....they are still making sure they have everything for the online status.</p>

<p>Congratulations, bmwdan! I understand UW is not your top choice, but it feels nice to have an admission in your back pocket, doesn't it?</p>

<p>It was on my online account. It said something like "Congratulations! You have been admitted to the University of Wisconsin. We have sent your official admissions materials in the mail" or something along those lines. Up until about three days ago (when I last checked) it said that not all of my materials were in, so they must be making quick decisions this early. </p>

<p>Thanks for the congratulations. UW Madison is not my top choice, but I still think it is a fantastic academic institution that can rival any other public school in the nation. I'm glad things worked out.</p>

<p>Good luck to all other applicants- make sure you get stuff in early! Is someone making an official decisions thread? It might help other applicants...</p>

<p>when did you submit your app?</p>

<p>I sent it in a few days after September 15th.</p>

<p>Has anybody else been accepted/rejected yet?</p>

<p>My son was accepted on Friday; he submitted the application around 9/15.</p>

<p>My son has been accepted! And take heart to those of you who wrote a loooong essay - he did, too.</p>

<p>I'm excited for him. This is the only school he applied to that we haven't visited. I'd better make some travel arrangements!</p>

<p>Congrats oregonianmom!</p>

<p>oregonianmom, bmwdan13, congrats! </p>

<p>oregon: I think it is the content of the essay, rather than the length that matters, but congrats regardless!</p>

<p>i submitted my app oct. 7th, and it still says "checking status". Perhaps they don't input things into the computer quickly.</p>

<p>Also, what days of the week do they release decisions?</p>

<p>Congrats to everyone with acceptances! =]</p>

<p>I submitted mine on September 30, and I too still have a "checking status", which isn't too helpful in knowing if everything I need is in! :P</p>

<p>hey Oregonianmom, i'm jst wondering when did ur son submit his application and when did madison receive everything? also if u don't mind sharing ur son's numbers...i e gpa, act score, class rank etc. thnx</p>

<p>
[quote]
what days of the week do they release decisions?

[/quote]

Well, yesterday it still said the application was being reviewed by an admissions counselor, and this morning it said Congratulations.</p>

<p>BTW, it changed from checking status, to being reviewed, before it changed to congratulations. So you might have a little wait yet. Son submitted his app on September 1, but all the paperwork from his HS didn't arrive until September 24. So it took a good 3 weeks from a completed application folder to a decision.</p>

<p>Adding stats:
3.9 GPA unweighted
Rank 7/64 (yes, it's a small school)
Small public magnet arts school
SAT 2210/2400 (superscored) or 1410/1600 (superscored CR + math)</p>

<p>ok, thanks oregonian! is UW your son's first choice?</p>

<p>It's not his first choice - at this time, it is his second choice. But we haven't even visited yet, so who knows. :)</p>

<p>oh, well it's a pretty good first choice-best to visit in Dec. though! What is his first choice?</p>

<p>U Maryland - College Park. Its proximity to Washington DC is a big draw for him.</p>

<p>Ah, I visited that school over the summer. It's campus is nice, the surrounding area is a little sketchy, but overall a very good school. best of luck to him!</p>

<p>About the comments above... I submitted my application in its entirety on the 20th of September and my status changed from "checking status" to "reviewing" late on Friday the 19th. So I'm in the same boat as the rest, but it seems like they're backed up already. :(</p>