checking app status

<p>^^On the bright side, they are now reviewing it. That part took less than 2 weeks for my son's app. Hope you hear soon. Good luck!</p>

<p>By the way, we are visiting at the end of Jan. I booked airline tickets, car and hotel. Son and I are excited to see the campus, and an area of the country we have never seen before!</p>

<p>"We have received your application and are reviewing your file to ensure we have all materials necessary to make a decision. Check back here for updates on your application status."
^Is this what you were talking about kimu? Does this mean they have everything in? I'm kinda confused.</p>

<p>Yeah, vc08, that's the intial message I got. But to clarify, my status changed from that to "an admissions officer is now reviewing your application" on Friday. Sorry if I was unclear :) But can anyone comment on how long it took for them to make a decison after the "admissions officer is reviewing.." status appeared? Anxiety is setting in.</p>

<p>You guys make me feel so nervous! I haven't even finished filling out my application yet. :(</p>

<p>My application went from "we are checking to make sure we have all of your materials..." to "congratulations, you're accepted, etc." in about three days. my theory is they don't always have time to update them, so it could go from checking to a decsion fairly quickly...</p>

<p>
[quote]
But can anyone comment on how long it took for them to make a decison after the "admissions officer is reviewing.." status appeared?

[/quote]

Sorry if I wasn't clear above, but for my son, it was about 2 weeks (maybe less) after the "admissions officer is reviewing" message appeared, before the "congratulations" message appeared.</p>

<p>BMWdan's theory is probably right. They might not always update everything in a linear manner.</p>

<p>thanks kimu, BMW, oregon, you've all been great.</p>

<p>My son's status change followed the same pattern as bmwdan - about 3 days from "admission officer reviewing" to the decision.</p>

<p>My daughter was accepted the 18th. She applied 9/15 and transcripts were in about a week later. About a week ago she got a written letter saying they didn't have her transcripts. Her guidance counselor called and after about 25 mins on hold a human finally answered and they found her transcripts. Not the only one to get the letter I guess. Said they would be processed in the next "batch". Her status went directly from "incomplete" to "accepted" about 4 days later. I think they are swamped personally and doing the best they can. </p>

<p>If you visit here in January be prepared for sub-zero WI winter. brrrrrrrrrr </p>

<p>For you stat lovers before you ask:</p>

<p>3.89 GPA
6 of 89
29 ACT</p>

<p>Are most people who are hearing in state, or are people from out of state hearing as well. I sent mine in on the 9th and they have had everything according to the status check for about four weeks maybe... any input??</p>

<p>^^ OOS (10 char)</p>

<p>Also OOS here</p>

<p>Alright, thanks!</p>

<p>I was amazed how quickly my status changed. I didn't even see it saying "your application is being reviewed."
It went straight from "checking your materials" to "Congratulations" in a few hours. But i'm a little different from most applicants (2400 SAT, in-state)</p>

<p>i'm mad at my school. i submitted my application 10/5 and they submitted my paperwork/transcripts 10/18!!! that's almost 2 weeks i was looking on the website thinking why are they still checking when my school hadn't sent anything out. so now i should assume a month from 10/18 before they're even reviewing? oh well...i LOVE wisconsn...ugh....</p>

<p>stroebsp37, few hours!! congratulations, and the same to all of the rest of you acceptees!!! that's not a word, but i'm excited for you all!!</p>

<p>I just got accepted!!! So excited! =]</p>

<p>I actually applied exactly a month ago. And when I checked yesterday, it still said they were checking my materials, I never even saw the "admissions officer is reviewing" message.</p>

<p>For anyone that may be interested, stats:</p>

<p>GPA: 3.9/4.0 UW (I honestly don't even know exactly what it is unweighted, no one ever told me. XD)
ACT: 31
Class rank: 5/400</p>

<p>Yay!</p>

<p>So how long has it taken most people to go from checking app materials to acceptance or decline</p>

<p>Congrats, Matterbug!</p>

<p>Poopers, it seems to vary. Sometimes they don't update it at all in between "checking app materials" and "congratulations!" Sometimes it says "counselor is reviewing application." Total time from complete application/all materials in => decision is about 3-5 weeks.</p>

<p>"We have received your application and are reviewing your file to ensure we have all materials necessary to make a decision. Check back here for updates on your application status."</p>

<p>^boy do they have an extensive review process.</p>