checking app status

<p>UW-Madison is backlogged due to a "major change technological changes" -see Undergraduate</a> Admissions at UW-Madison: Application Processing Time Line Update for details.</p>

<p>thanks, that was very helpful, though it's pretty pathetic that they are expecting it to take 2 months for everything to be matched, etc. this makes me wonder about their registration processes, etc. not to mention that if everything is not in, it will take at least an additional three weeks to see if the stuff you re-sent has been filed.</p>

<p>but ya, thanks for the article</p>

<p>vc08, when did you apply?</p>

<p>they acknowledged that it had been received on oct. 10th. still no word on whether everything is in though.</p>

<p>yes, thanks... I'm not sure if that was comforting or alarming, but good to know nonetheless. I had a complete application on 9/25 and still no word.</p>

<p>I'm in. :)</p>

<p>congrats!!!! i'll ask the same question everyone else is: when did you submit your app lol?</p>

<p>I sent my application in on Sept 15th. All my transcripts were sent by Sept 23rd. I'm applying for spring 2008 transfer and when I check my status it still says "we have received your application and are reviewing your file to ensure..."</p>

<p>Should I be worried?
Not much time left.</p>

<p>Does anyone know if many of the kids from the milwaukee burbs are getting admitted yet? One (a volleyball recruit) has been accepted at my school so far, so I'm starting to get very worried. :(</p>

<p>Rence, when did you apply?</p>

<p>I noticed a trend on CC (confirmed on a phone discussion with a Wisc Adcom) she said "the no-brainers are sent out first". Meaning, if by Sept 30th, an applicant had all of their stuff in, and had near perfect SAT's and a stellar GPA, they'd here before someone with say a 3.6 who applied at the same time.</p>

<p>A lot of the kids on CC with acceptances have reallly really strong stats. I doubt admissions even reads their "personal statements".</p>

<p>That said, this is the first year they are going "paperless" and scanning each applicants rec, transcript, scores, application etc, in by hand. I guess this is causing more initial problems than expected.</p>

<p>I think it'll be a tough year to get into Wisconsin, in my Daughter's school 14 kids have already applied, and the 8 I know of have unweighted GPA's over 3.7 and SAT's over 2000...none have heard.</p>

<p>When they call it "the new Michigan"...they aint kidding</p>

<p>can someone whose been accepted and had transcript problems help me out? my status just changed to being prepared for review and they say if there is a link called status details, click on it for what they have not "confirmed received". in that list is my high school transcript. when do i assume they were not RECEIVED as opposed to not yet CONFIRMED RECEIVED. they were sent by my school 10/18, so there's still a possibility they're just not in the system. i'll gladly send another copy but i don't want to bombard them if it's just a "not scanned yet" thing. any suggestions?</p>

<p>We have the same situation....Apparently, if you click on the link in thread #61, it explains that they are having issues....we are going to wait until next week (ours were sent out on October 10th, so that is 4 weeks) and then call.....It seems that the early admits didn't have this problem, but since the technology changed, they got backed up with inputting info.....</p>

<p>Yeah, I'm not a shoo-in anywhere, but I knew I was going to get in--i knew that much. My stats are well beyond UW's range.</p>

<p>P.S. I applied before the deadline was even up, but my transcripts and stuff didn't get in until a few weeks after, I believe. Whatever, don't worry about it!</p>

<p>mine doesn't even say that much, only "reviewing materials to make sure we have everything necessary...".</p>

<p>mine has said "an admissions counselor is reviewing your application" for three weeks to the day. Thoughts? Are they really that behind?</p>

<p>They do say it takes 4-6 weeks for a decision to come out (for me, it took 2 weeks after they received my transcript), so don't worry about it. The online notification came to me before the actual letter</p>

<p>i'll be elated when i just see some form of human life behind it.</p>

<p>my high school guidance counselor said that a conference she went to this year that they're cutting admissions in half this year</p>

<p>I doubt that. You don't just all of a sudden "cut them in half". </p>

<p>Good news, I got into Michigan!</p>

<p>Great news, vc08! Is that your first choice?</p>