checking app status

<p>FYI, a number of kids have already been accepted that are definitely not the "cream of the crop".....It seems to be a regional thing though, or their guidance counselors sent out stuff the first day of school....It also seems that the apps were being updated efficiently until these so-called technnical difficulties occurred....one person I know of said that it took 4 weeks for the online system to post her transcript as being received (she had a mail receipt)....and that was prior to the Nov 1st message</p>

<p>Anyone get rejected or deferred? Would they post that online as well (I guess I wasn't commfort in knowing no news is good news) Here in my NJ High School 13 kids applied before the EA cutoff and I don't think any have heard (including the majority who are over qualified or in that 90% acceptance block). For w while they were without a regional rep for the area, (I remember looking for someone AFTER I sent the application in and the website said the post was being filled.) That's bad timing for kids in the area...</p>

<p>Excuse me, what EA? Rolling admissions, do you really mean your HS suggests getting materials in sooner rather than later (unlike my mid Jan son's app-his safety)?</p>

<p>i'm guessing salem means around the normal EA date for other schools (November 1st etc)</p>

<p>oregonian: yes, it was. i visited in the summer and loved it, the town was awesome. i'm going to visit next month just to be sure though, i need to be positive that i can handle those winters! but, i must say, congrats on beating us today. osu lost too, so i'm comforted :)</p>

<p>I got in!!! random, i just checked to see if they'd updated my materials, and it was like "congratulations! you have ben admitted to the university of wisconsin!"
good luck to all, let me know if you have any q's.</p>

<p>im starting to wonder how many stages there are on this status website... 1) reviwing your app, 2) being prepared for review, 3) an admissions counselor is reviewing...and then you hear? ugh, i wish they'd tell me already!! congrats to everyone who's in!!!</p>

<p>There seems to be 3 stages: checking to see if they have all the admissions materials, reviewing application, decision.</p>

<p>i think i agree with oregonmom, though mine went straight from ad. materials to decision.</p>

<p>i don't like seeing this "being prepared for review"! it's like limbo or something. i'm past checking to see, but i'm not yet at reviewing application...i'm guess I won't know til mid december? i shouldn't have been so eager to get my application in the first week of october. haha oh well.</p>

<p>HOORAY for me...thought they would kick me off wisconsin login services cause I was checking 30 times a day (if I'm in it means no more applications)as it's my really HIGH (close to the top) second choice and.... </p>

<p>I logged on first thing this morning (SATURDAY) and I'm In WHOO HOOOO
Hooray. I know they've been really backed up and everybodys hungry for Wisconsin responses so here are the facts as much as I can recollect:</p>

<p>Appplied over internet 10/3
school sent transcruipt 10/16
Teacher recs 10/20</p>

<p>Moved from "Looking for all materials" to your "application is being consdidered and reviewed" 10/26</p>

<p>Checked daily for updates, got Acceptance today 11/17</p>

<p>Stats: OOS white female
3.7 UW 4.25 W (all honors High Honors and AP)
2040 SAT (with really bad math)
29 ACT (34 writing) But I don't think they had time to process the ACT scores</p>

<p>EVERYBODY CHECK THEIR STATUS MAYBE THERE WERE A WHOLE BATCH REALEASED TO "ACCEPTED STATUS!!!!!!!"</p>

<p>Thanks for listening to my rants!!!!</p>

<p>CONGRATULATIONS!!! thanks for the info too, hopefully it will help other prospective applicants. what's your second choice?</p>

<p>Congratulations salem! :)</p>

<p>After reading Salem's post, I checked my status, and I'm IN! This is very exciting because it is the first college I've been accepted to so far. Here are some of my stats if this helps anyone. Oh yeah, I checked yesterday, and it still said they were reviewing my app to see if I had all the materials in.</p>

<p>My transcript/test scores/online app. were all sent in no later than Nov. 1st. So, I was basically accepted in about 2-3 weeks after I sent my stuff in.
I live in Minnesota which has reciprocity with Wisconsin if that means anything.
(reciprocity means that Minnesota residents pay instate tuition, and vice versa).</p>

<p>Stats:
ACT 32
GPA 3.95 UW 4.15 W
7 APs and a lot of honors by graduation</p>

<p>UW madison is more of a back up school for me. However, I do LOVE the school. If I don't get into one of my reach schools, it is likely that I will attend UW madison.</p>

<p>I applied ED to NYU...now I'm wondering. I prefer Wisconsin to Michigan, but Michigan is a 3rd choice, Tulane my 4th (they're giving me $96,000 in Merit aid and it's WARM there). If I don't get into NYU, I won't lose a minutes sleep. Haven't heard from Michigan yet. Thought for a bit I'd apply to some "Hail Marys" like Northwestern and Cornell now that I don't have anything to lose, but why bother, I'd prefer the atmosphere of Madison or New Orleans over either of the other college towns.</p>

<p>Everyone check online NOW!!!</p>

<p>i still can't figure out if anyone's had the "being prepared for review" status yet. it's not the "admissions counselor is reviewing" status. </p>

<p>salem and pccool, CONGRATS!!! i hope your good energy rubs off on us!</p>

<p>salem, i'm sort of spooked, i submitted EVERYTHING two days after you did. i applied over internet 10/5, my teacher sent my transcripts 10/18, and i asked my teachers to send recs 10/21 (though i guess they could have sent them a bit earlier). i wonder if that means i'll get a decision two days later than you did...monday...haha i can only wish. my status didn't change when yours did. but its still scary that every single one of your dates is two days before mine...so weird!!</p>

<p>i really do have to stop ranting, im sure im annoying people.</p>

<p>goodluck- Have you read the links about Wisconsins technology issues, I don't think I had the "prepared to be reviewed" status, but I'm not surprised that they instituted it... they're so backed up.</p>

<p>I posted because my stats aren't perfect, so that should give you some comfort. </p>

<p>I know the limbo thing is the WORST, that's whats nice about this site, you can tell about the number of hits on these links that you're not alone.</p>

<p>Gotta believe in Karma, you'll go where you should go</p>

<p>Keep checkin the Wisco links!!</p>

<p>Yeah I was thinking I got mine Friday because I hadn't checked for a while and didn't think they were running on Saturday. But I actually just checked yesterday (Saturday) and I was accepted too...
I was a little confused because it kept saying it was missing my transcript...and that it was preparing to review...for like a month. But then was accepted. I don't think there's a "COMPLETE" status. I think it just does what mine did...IDK</p>

<p>how long were people at the status "Your application is being reviewed by one of our admission counselors. Check back here for updates on your application status."</p>

<p>mine's been at that for almost four week :( so I had my gc call, and it turns out that it took UW almost a month to put all of my materials together after I mailed everything on September 20th. Grrr.......</p>