Chemistry 101 Textbooks

<p>Hey everybody!</p>

<p>So, I’m an incoming freshman for Fall 2011 on the pre-med track and majoring in Heaven-knows-what (probably New College). I’ll be taking-among other classes-Chemistry 101-005, taught by Shanlin Pan. I looked on the SupeStore website to see what textbooks I will need, and instead of a straightforward list like with my other classes, there’s about 10 listings , most of which are “optional”. I can’t tell what I need other than the ResponsePad and lab notebook, but I know from previous experience (CH 104) that I need at least one textbook. Can someone help me?</p>

<p>Ok…</p>

<p>That cheaper option for $78 is a looseleaf version of the textbook that you put in a binder. I would select that for now…just to have the cheap option.</p>

<p>Then call the SUPE store and ask if those bundles include anything else you need. It sounds like the bundles include textbook, lab book, and perhaps an e-book version. But, call to be sure.</p>

<p>I don’t know what that “Lecture, stand alone” means. that seems odd to me. If my kids were here, they would know. lol</p>

<p>You can always EASILY change from the loose-leaf version to another version at that point or later this summer.</p>

<p>BTW…once you have one “response pad” (aka clicker) you don’t need to buy another for other classes.</p>

<p>Wow. Clickers? Sounds like Jeopardy. (Oh wait, that’s buzzers.) But seriously…kids don’t just raise their hands any more? </p>

<p>Today’s college world is waaaay over my wee little head.</p>

<p>Feeling very old and out it…</p>

<p>Diane</p>

<p>^^</p>

<p>Yes, kids raise their hands if they have a question, etc.</p>

<p>Clickers are great. A Prof can teach a new concept, put a problem on the board, have the kids do the problem, and then input their answers on their clickers. The prof then gets an instant response to how well the kids understood the new concept.</p>

<p>This works MUCH better than just asking if anyone has any questions, since kids often won’t say that they do. </p>

<p>Clickers can also be used to take roll and to take quick quizzes.</p>

<p>I once had to take part of a final by clicker. It was a pain!!</p>

<p>feenotype: Timkovich?</p>

<p>Blackstock for Orgo II</p>