Chemistry engineering?

<p>Just to be clear, view this updated website: <a href=“Scholarships – College of Engineering | The University of Alabama”>http://eng.ua.edu/undergraduate/scholarships/&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p&gt;

<p>I am thinking more and more that paul is a ■■■■■. These threads are getting ridiculous.</p>

<p>Paul is not a ■■■■■. I am certain of that.</p>

<p>Paul, the engineering dept at Bama is actually very good sized…over 3,000 students. Only those with an ACT 30+ get the 2500 per year.</p>

<p>^^
Give it time to process. You just made the changes.</p>

<p>Dont worry about the disappearing premed worksheet for now. Dont change it back again. </p>

<p>There probably is a premed worksheet on the Prehealth Advising website…let me look.</p>

<p>Go to website, scroll down and sign up to be on ListServ (parents can do this as well)
<a href=“http://prehealth.ua.edu”>http://prehealth.ua.edu</a></p>

<p>Ok…didnt find a worksheet, but found the below that you can use…circle or cross off req’ts and suggested courses as you complete them.</p>

<p><a href=“Pre-Medical Track – Prehealth Program”>http://prehealth.ua.edu/welcome/pre-medical/&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p&gt;

<p>PREREQUISITES:</p>

<p>NOTE: THERE ARE GENERAL PREREQUISTITE COURSES THAT ALL MEDICAL SCHOOLS REQUIRE FOR ADMISSION; HOWEVER, THERE ARE SEVERAL OTHER COURSES THAT ARE NOT REQUIRED BY MEDICAL SCHOOLS, BUT ARE HIGHLY RECOMMENDED. PLEASE CHECK THE WEBSITES OF THE SCHOOLS THAT YOU ARE MOST INTERESTED TO OBTAIN A CURRENT LIST OF UNDERGRADUATE REQUIREMENTS.</p>

<p>General Biology: BSC 114/115 and BSC 116/117 or honors equivalent
Biochemistry: BSC 450 (BSC 300 Pre-Requisite) or CH 461 (Pre-Requisite CH 223, CH 232 and CH 237)
General Chemistry: CH 101 and 102 or honors equivalent
Organic Chemistry: CH 231, CH 232 and CH 237 (lab)
Physics: PH 101 and PH 102 or PH 105 and PH 106
Statistics: PY 211, BSC 380, or CHS 425 recommended
Mathematics: MATH 125 is required by some schools
Psychology: PY 101 and SOC 101
English: EN 101 and EN 102 or Honors EN 103 or EN 104 or AP credit
*All prerequisite courses must be completed with a grade of “C-” or higher.</p>

<p>EXAM AND GPA:</p>

<p>The Medical College Admissions Test (MCAT): The MCAT is a standardized examination that consists of multiple choice sections that asses your knowledge of natural and behavioral sciences. Starting in January 2015 (in addition to concepts from biology, general and organic chemistry, and physics that were tested in the past) the MCAT will also include material from biochemistry, basic research and statistics, and psychology and sociology concepts. Our office will keep you informed about the new MCAT 2015. You can also visit the American Association of Medical Colleges (AAMC) website for more information by clicking here.</p>

<p>Grade Point Average (GPA): Minimum GPA requirements vary from program to program, but MOST competitive applicants have a minimum 3.5 GPA overall and in their science and math courses.</p>

<p>Thank you @mom2collegekids‌ </p>

<p>I was just wondering because 2500$ is not a small amount of money at all, and I thought it is (awesomely)weird to give money just for engineer majors. </p>

<p>I have 1440 CR+math in SAT 1 and cumulative GPA 3.81 unweighted(4.11 weighted). </p>

<p>The website @dodgersmom‌ (thank you) linked talks about COLLEGE OF ENGINEERING SCHOLARSHIPS 2015-2016. I m starting this fall(hopefully my visa comes out soon).</p>

<p>Am I too late to get scholarship for engineering?</p>

<p>I apologize if I sound really dumb,…</p>

<p>He just wants to be well-informed. Nothing wrong with that. </p>

<p>I dont think you are too late for that extra money. In the past, as long as students sign up for engineering before school starts they get the money.</p>

<p>and it should show up in mybama right?</p>

<p>You don’t sound dumb at all. It should show up in your student bill within a few days.</p>

<p>^ah thanks @lilelmo‌ </p>

<p>WOW THANKS @mom2collegekids‌ </p>

<p>So how many studies engineering?</p>

<p>BAMA gives extra 2500$ to engineering students, but seems like not many students choose engineering major. </p>

<p>Is it because they don’t know about this fact, or just don’t want to do engineering?</p>

<p>Someone please correct me if I’m wrong, but that 1400 CR/M has to be in a single sitting as well.</p>

<p>^^</p>

<p>Yes, single sittings only</p>

<p>It IS single sitting, so it’s okay :-)</p>

<p>TBH i think super scoring is really ridiculous…</p>