Chen 204

After my first exam with CHEN 204 I got a 60. The average for the class on that exam was a 60. My prof is Sreeram vaddiraju, does anyone know if he tends to curve, if I’m in danger of failing or not. I just need any advice you can give me. Thanks

@SAM161 First… take a deep breath. You’ve got time to decide if you need to q drop.
Check the syllabus. See what makes up the final grade (exams, quizzes, hw, etc.) and what the weight is on those. Also, the syllabus may make mention of whether they curve at the end OR if the final is cumulative and therefore may replace the lowest exam grade.

If you stay with the average, then you’re probably okay in general. But, if you’re needing a C for it to count or if you just need to get by with a D, then that will help with your decision. But again, you have some time. You’re allowed 4 q drops at TAMU.

Best of luck. Hang in there.

@sam161 FYI, I just looked at your profs past grades from last fall. He must curve because 30% got As, 40% got Bs, and 27% got Cs. Noone failed and only 2 got Ds… 2 people, not percent. I think you’re going to be fine!!!