Chi Omega alumna?

<p>I don’t think that would hurt!</p>

<p>You guys are so lucky having people offer to write you recs. I’m having the hardest time trying to figure out where I’m going to get one for each sorority for next year’s rush, let alone 3-5…</p>

<p>@FaithLoveHope - No, every sorority has their own rules. Once you find an alum, they should know their own requirements or at least where to go to find them. Let them worry about it.
Even if they go in late, they will get looked at. Even with a vast network, it’s still difficult to get a rec for every PNM. It takes time to process a rec - that’s why they want them in early. But they will still look at them and register that they’ve got one.
You really can’t control if the alum sends it in or not. That’s one reason we suggest writing thank-you notes - if the alum has put it off, it will jog their memory and hopefully get them moving.
More than 2 - no problem. Don’t worry - you can’t do anything about it anyway!
NEVER turn down an offer to write a rec. Smile graciously, thank the person, hand them a packet! Their words might the ones that persuade a group to give you a chance.</p>

<p>@sunshine431:
Aw, don’t give up! Keep asking people.
I’m thinking I would not send a packet to the chapter. They already have the info. I know our group often receives requests from women who are having a hard time finding an alum. I’m the one that gets those requests, and I turn around and find somebody to do it.
But I don’t know how other groups do that. Ahpimommy, any suggestions?</p>

<p>@AlmostLimitless: Start asking now if a person is in a sorority or if they know of someone who is. Keep track of who you turn up, and their group. You’ll be surprised by how many you can find!</p>

<p>AlmostLimitless, As Southlander said, don’t give up. Do not leave any stone unturned. All of your teachers went to college. Ask them, your high school counselors, everyone. Don’t forget your elementary school teachers. Email them and tell them you will be attending UA and plan on rushing. Ask if they were in a sorority and would mind writing you a rec. Also ask if they know anyone else that would help you out by writing a rec. Their roommate from college, etc. You can find their email contacts usually on the schools website. Have your parents ask coworkers. Mention it to just about everyone you come in contact with while running around town, etc. Ask your friends if their mom, aunt, sister, etc was in a sorority. They are out there. I did not realize I had so many friends that were in sororities in college till I started mentioning that D was going to rush at UA and asked on my FB. </p>

<p>Best of luck!</p>

<p>I agree with Southlander, I would not send a packet to the sororities that you are missing recs to. They get all the info you have submitted when you have registered. As for my group, a group of alums review all of the recs that come in, in addition to our collegiate recruitment team. We have received recs all the way to the night before recruitment. Yes we look at them but I have to admit probably not as thoroughly as we should. At that point in time we pretty much have a group of girls on our radar.
As for requests to find recs I too get to field those. I have to share my husband really dislikes recruitment season. It is not uncommon for my phone to ring late in the night with a chapter asking me to write a rec for a locla girl that they don’t have a rec for (even not so local sometimes). So…my advice is to not give up and keep trying. Also someone might have sent a rec in for you and you don’t know it…happens a lot!
I would agree …never turn down a rec or a LOS (at Alabama these need to be attached to a rec…they say they don’t take them but many arrive every year).
Quite frankly sororities are so buried that they don’t think that you are “blowing them off”…it’s not like they are looking for a rec from you unless you are on their radar and then they will find a rec for you.
Each sorority has their own set of rules when it comes to recs. At this point I wouldn’t obsess over it, just keep trying and do the best you can.
For those of you who are beginning this process for next year…it’s never too early to start asking…anyone and every one.</p>