<p>Tuesday, October 8th
7pm
Harry Caray Ballroom
Westin Lombard
70 Yorktown Shopping Center
Lombard, IL 60148</p>

<p>Registration is not yet available.</p>

<p>Is the Chicago recruiter the same one for SE Wisconsin?</p>

<p>No, but you can attend the one in Lombard if you want. I will find out the info for the WI event for you.</p>

<p>^^^Thanks, you are the best!</p>

<p>Class2012, with the new recruiter covering the north Chicago burbs as well as Wisconsin, is the expectation that his event will be in Milwaukee and that the suburban Chicago kids on the north side will go there instead of to Lombard?</p>

<p>I was wondering the same thing. I’ve already asked Bethany that question but she hasn’t responded yet. I also saw online where the WI recruiter is scheduled to be in Eau Claire, WI the mornings of 10/9 and 10/10, so Chicago and Milwaukee may not be back to back receptions as they have been in the past (unless the Milwaukee one is Monday night, but that’s Columbus Day and I doubt they’d schedule an event on a school holiday, seeing as that might be a good time to have a campus visit).</p>

<p>The new recruiter for WI is John McGreal.</p>

<p>The WI event will be held Wednesday, October 9 at Discovery World (right on Lake Michigan)
[Discovery</a> World Museum Milwaukee, WI](<a href=“http://www.discoveryworld.org/]Discovery”>http://www.discoveryworld.org/)</p>

<p>Both the IL rep (Bethany) and the WI rep (John) will be at each event. Students are welcome to attend whichever one fits their schedule best.</p>

<p>Oh sweet memories, the WI event last year at Discovery World is where we first started hearing what son had been trying to tell us. We were hooked! I encourage anyone who is interested to go - you will be impressed.</p>

<p>The WI/northern IL recruiter is going to be at a fair a few miles from me. I’m going to try to meet with him. I’ve already contacted the guidance counselor at my kid’s school and asked him to encourage the students to stop by the UA booth.</p>

<p>Keynote speaker for Chicago reception this year will be </p>

<p>[Dr</a>. Kevin W. Whitaker - People - The College of Engineering - The University of Alabama](<a href=“http://eng.ua.edu/people/kwhitaker/]Dr”>http://eng.ua.edu/people/kwhitaker/)</p>

<p>Bump with corrected info</p>

<p>WI reception is Monday, 10/7
Chicago reception is Tuesday, 10/8
Indy reception is Wednesday, 10/9</p>

<p>(and Columbus Day is 10/14)</p>

<p>Does anyone know if there would be a reason to go to the event if one has already been accepted? We visited last summer, and don’t really have any additional questions at this time. I guess I am not really sure what is covered. Thanks in advance.</p>

<p>Free food! :D</p>

<p>If you have been reading this board, you know most of what will be covered at the reception. The session itself will be a slideshow about Bama, the engineering speaker, and a parent speaker. Then Q&As. That said, the reception gives you a chance to meet other parents and students in the Chicago area. There will be alums and parents of current students in attendance to answer questions. Students in the past have received a t-shirt. Your call on whether or not to attend.</p>

<p>Any CCers going tonight? There are over 160 students registered. Going to be a high energy night. Dr. Whitaker is a great speaker.</p>

<p>NaperMom, I strongly recommend going. it’s the perfect opportunity to meet friends, travel companions, roommates, etc. And questions might be answered that you didn’t even know you had. It’s a beautiful event, very different from all the other college receptions that other schools put on, I guarantee it.</p>

<p>I will be there! Looking forward to meeting many of you, especially if you have questions about aero-eng’g, the Huxford Symphony, CofE’s Amateur Radical Theater, travel logistics to/from Chicago, and/or outside scholarships.</p>

<p>Come experience the magic of UA!</p>

<p>Looking forward to a first hand report about the reception :)</p>

<p>^ rbm, will there be a NY reception? Will you be speaking?</p>

<p>Just received word of the NY reception, I will post details in another thread later tonight. No, I will not be a speaker this year, had that privilege last year :slight_smile: However, I am sure that they will have some great speakers lined up. In the past we have had University President(s), Deans and even the Chancellor of the University of Alabama system.</p>