Chicago Area UA Bama Bash!

<p>OK, you Chicago area and WI CC folks, we are having a PARTY! Food, music, swimming - it will the most fun you will have all summer!</p>

<p>Disclaimer: this is NOT an official UA party nor is it associated with the school or the Chicago area alumni association in any way. It is just parents and students (incoming and returning) getting together for a meet-and-greet. </p>

<p>Saturday, July 13
4:00 p.m. to ?
Libertyville, IL (far north suburbs - address will be sent via PM, will not be posted on CC).</p>

<p>Pot luck dinner. We will be serving BBQ. Please bring a side dish to pass.</p>

<p>Please come out and join us! We are expecting a good turn out of both boys and (really cute) girls. If you know other UA families not on CC, you are welcome to extend the invitation to them. </p>

<p>Please post a reply if you will attend. I will message you the address. </p>

<p>Special note: if you have a student currently in a sorority, she should get permission to attend. There will be PNMs at this event. We will NOT break any rules as we do NOT want to get any girls in trouble.</p>

<p>We are in Kalamazoo, MI but would love to come if we are able! DD will be a freshman this fall at UA. She is checking her work schedule . . . she is a nanny this summer and will be going to Disney with the family and may be leaving that evening. If not, hoping it is okay if we attend so she can meet some more kids from “The North”.</p>

<p>ChristineF, of course you and your D are welcome. MI, IN - really anyone who wants to travel to attend are welcome. I hope you can come!</p>

<p>Thanks!!! DD is checking tomorrow with the family, we think she is flying out on Sunday but not sure! I’ll let you know if we can come, and to get more info!</p>

<p>My D who just finished her freshman year is going to be there to answer questions and talk to new students. She did get permission from Nationals to attend this event. Since she is in a sorority, she has been told by National that she will be allowed to talk about Greek life in general but not about any specific houses. </p>

<p>I highly encourage anyone from the area to attend this wonderful event! It gives you a chance to talk to other parents and get some great advice. We have become very good friends with some of the parents that we have met thru Another Round (Alabama Alumi Bar in Downers Grove) and thru CC.</p>

<p>Class2012mom thanks so much for doing this. It is a great opportunity for everyone! ROLL TIDE ROLL-</p>

<p>Roll Tide! We will attend if we can! I think we’re in town that weekend and not following my S all over the midwest to lacrosse tournaments. :-)</p>

<p>Count us in! DD will pass the word to the other UA bound kids in our area (some may not be on CC)…</p>

<p>Woo hoo!! I think so far the girls are outnumbering the boys (although it’s close). </p>

<p>Thanks to txdoula who is offering the use of her Texas size home. We really are going to have a good time. </p>

<p>MereMom, please spread the word to others. I have some non-CC parents/students coming, too.</p>

<p>Lucky boys…</p>

<p>Bumping this up.</p>

<p>We are going to have photos with (inflatable) Big Al.</p>

<p>We are going to teach the newbies when to shout “Roll Tide Roll” while singing Sweet Home Alabama.</p>

<p>You also need to teach them “Dixieland Delight” :)…(with the added parts).</p>

<p>^ I don’t know Dixieland Delight with the added parts, but there will be somewhere there who I’m sure does. Thanks for the suggestion.</p>

<p>Found this:</p>

<p>[Dixieland</a> Delight Lyrics | Alabama | Album: The Closer You Get](<a href=“http://www.cowboylyrics.com/lyrics/alabama/dixieland-delight-4253.html]Dixieland”>Dixieland Delight Lyrics - Alabama - Cowboy Lyrics)</p>

<p>Don’t know the extra parts. </p>

<p>There is a youTube of the Alabama (band) video.</p>

<p>You can also buy the ringtone.</p>

<p>Class2012, if my D is able to come, she will happily supply the “extra parts” for Dixieland Delight. Heck, if she keeps singing the darn song around the house I’ll be able to provide the extra parts. I certainly have the ____ Auburn one down!</p>

<p>Oh my. !!!</p>

<p>My D will definately be there and trust me…she knows all the words to all the songs and randomly breaks out in song at home. LOL</p>

<p>Driving 14 hours to Ft. Worth last month she taught my son and other daughter ALL the good parts to the songs. Especially the ____ Auburn part.<br>
Roll Tide!</p>

<p>Beths mom, I have a hard time believing that word would come out of your sweet D’s mouth. :)</p>

<p>I was confident that buzymom3’s daughter would be able to help!!! Roll Tide!!</p>

<p>

</p>

<p>I hear you. She has to gargle after she says Auburn.</p>

<p>^^lol!!!</p>