Chicago Area UA Bama Bash!

<p>I’m just curious, is anyone here attending the send-off party in Elmhurst?</p>

<p>kdimitrijev, is that Bethany’s send off party? My son is not included in that group as he’s a rising soph. Feel free to post the details about that event, though, in case others are not aware of it. </p>

<p>Also, there is a new UA rep for northern IL and WI. He has 5 counties in IL, Bethany has the rest of the Chicago area.</p>

<p>I’m not really sure if it is from a rep. I think it might be from the University; I received an email earlier today.</p>

<p>^ My guess it is the official event put on by the rep. I sent her a message asking for details but she’s out on vacation this week so might not get a reply back for a bit. </p>

<p>You and your parent(s) are welcome to join us at our gathering. We are not official but we will likely be more fun.</p>

<p>kdimitrijev, the Elmhurst event is the official one done by Bethany Forrest. I encourage you to attend that (and our non-official party). Sometimes just knowing one friendly face before you leave for school makes all the difference!</p>

<p>I hadn’t heard of an official send off event for WI kids. There is a small meetup at a Cold Stone up here in SE WI, but no “Bash” and no invite from Bethany. Maybe we Wisconsinites aren’t on her radar?</p>

<p>Bethany’s invite is similar - July 8 from 1pm to 3 at Oberweis in Elmhurst. I don’t think I’d call hers a bash either. MereMom, you fall under the new rep now.</p>

<p>D attended this same event last year. If you can go it is a nice way to meet some kids from the general Chicago area. I think that there were around 14 kids. Some had parents w/ them some did not.</p>

<p>It was pretty short and sweet. Nothing big about it. But it was nice for D to meet a few people before getting to campus. It was a slightly stiffer affair, and a little awkward. But worth the drive for her.</p>

<p>If you cannot make it, don’t beat yourself up about it.</p>

<p>^^Good to know WI is going to get more UA “representation.” Maybe the trickle of WI students heading south will grow to a stream…</p>

<p>Bumping this up. Adding gluten-free dining option and matchmaking service to the party list.</p>

<p>Oh Oh! Matchmaking?? D is going to be a soph…any older boys gonna be there? I may sign her up for that ROTFL: Pretty blond, 5’10", football fanatic loves to sit and watch football all day during season. We tell her all the time that she will make some man very happy some day…lol</p>

<p>ahaha I agree we need a CC matchmaking board! Or a big get together…
thank you so much for the gluten free option, I know that means a lot to so many.</p>

<p>Looking forward to meeting everyone. Thanks Class2012mom!</p>

<p>MereMom, I hear there’s 23 kids from WI going to UA this year.</p>

<p>woo hoo! Looks like we cheese heads are about to REPRESENT at UA!</p>

<p>One week countdown!</p>

<p>Ah, too bad we are 4 hrs away.</p>

<p>Aw, come on riprorin, you can steal the “furthest distance travelled prize” right from ChristineF’s hands.</p>

<p>I have to be in Chicago on Thursday and then the following Monday. Too bad my S is working otherwise we could have stayed Wed - Tues, visited Chicago and gone to the send off. I’m sure it will be a great time.</p>

<p>It sounds like my daughter would like to attend now-hope its not to late to join the fun. Can you let us know the details. Thanks!</p>

<p>Of course it’s not too late, especially to increase the girl count! I will PM you the address.</p>

<p>Even though DS will be out of town that day, I was hoping to come on my own to meet everyone but I don’t think that’s going to work out this time. I am sure it will be great afternoon, and I hope to meet up another time, maybe at move in.</p>