Chicago Area UA Bama Bash!

<p>Happytraveller, we will miss you. </p>

<p>We are expecting a good turnout and the weather forecast is great. Let’s hope it doesn’t change. </p>

<p>Looking forward to seeing everyone!</p>

<p>We are looking forward to it too - it should be a lot of fun. Roll Tide!</p>

<p>Unfortunately my DD and I will not be able to make it now! She hopes to still get to know some kids from the Chicago area, though! Have fun!</p>

<p>Was able to clear our schedule so DW, DD and I are looking forward to tomorrow. The perfect end to a big UA week - after BB on Monday and Tuesday.</p>

<p>DD’s 1 and 2, DH, and I are also planning to attend. We will be bringing a watermelon and fruit platter. See you all (one day “y’all” will become natural to me) tomorrow!</p>

<p>Woo hoo!</p>

<p>MereMom, I think you met my friend who doesn’t do CC at BB. Pretty sure it was you - I don’t think there are too many girls from WI whose Ds skipped a grade. That friend and her D will be there and I know they are looking forward to seeing you again.</p>

<p>ChicagoBear, there are other people who did your same BB coming too.</p>

<p>There are maybe as many non-CC people coming as there as those of us on CC. Will be a good mix. Now back to fixing my A cake. If anyone is wondering whether to buy that nifty looking A cake mold, the answer is NO.</p>

<p>The A cake mold was just… WRONG.</p>

<p>Wronger than the elephant cookies.</p>

<p>Trust me.</p>

<p>Hard to trust anyone who has to Google “RMFT” to learn what it means…</p>

<p>Anyway - you have company to attend to. You are being rude.</p>

<p>^^ You’re just mad 'cause your cake looked like poo.</p>

<p>Geez…I sure wish I lived in your area so I could join the fun. I am jealous! :frowning: Have a GREAT time! :)</p>

<p>^ See NRDMOM, people do too want to eat my A cake!</p>

<p>ProudBamaMama, I-80 west, pedal to the medal, turn north when you get to Chicago.</p>

<p>Reminder - kids who want to swim should bring bathing suits. Adults are welcome to swim too if you want to wear a bathing suit in front of a bunch of college age students.</p>

<p>Just landed back in Chicago! 5 hour time difference from Hawaii to here, so it currently feels like 3am. I may be a little groggy after two weeks in paradise, but my mom, dad and I will be there tonight. I can’t wait to see you all in person!!</p>

<p>S and I are looking forward to meeting everyone. Hubby may make a late appearance.</p>

<p>Thanks for a great party! It was so nice meeting everyone.</p>

<p>Yes, many thanks to our hosts, organizers, and all the parents and young people who came and made the party such a success. My family also loved having Big Al at there - Roll Tide!</p>

<p>The party was a lot of fun. It was fun meeting fellow CC posters and other UA families, and of course talking about our wonderful University of Alabama. A big thank you to our 3 hosts!!!</p>

<p>Thanks to the families who came out, my alum buddy and now UA parent K (who doesn’t do CC) and especially txdoula who opened her home to us all. It was wonderful to put more faces to names (I’m still putting the CC names together with real names in my head). </p>

<p>Anyone not in our little Facebook group who wants to a copy of the photos, send me a message with your email (which you will have to break up so CC doesn’t mask it) or you are welcome to join the FB group (message me for group name).</p>

<p>I just sent you a message Class2012Mom. :)</p>

<p>Okey dokey… So I shouldn’t have looked at the pictures. Now I am considering a move to that area so I can attend the next bash. :slight_smile: Looks like a great time was had by all! What a nice looking group!</p>