Chicago Area UA Bama Bash!

<p>It was great meeting everyone, we had a wonderful time. Thanks to the folks that helped organize this event and thanks to txdoula for hosting this event and opening their lovely home to everyone. I especially loved all the Alabama signs, cookies, cupcakes, water bottles, bama pins, and of course the BIG AL inflatable. It felt like being in Sweet Home Alabama. Roll Tide!</p>

<p>Thanks txdoula, class2012mom, and k for hosting and planning such a wonderful event!! We had a great time and its wonderful to finally put some faces and names with CC names. Now we are looking forward to watching the games at Another Round.</p>

<p>Ditto … we had a great time, and more importantly I think the current and future students did too. Roll Tide!</p>

<p>What a great time this was! Can we make this an annual thing? LOL TxDoula?? You are an amazing hostess!</p>

<p>Sincere Thank You’s to everyone who was involved in the planning of this event. I wish that something like this was done last year…</p>

<p>My D had an amazing time talking to the soon to be freshmen. I hope that she helped some feel more comfortable about the Rush process and about UA in general. It was great to see all the kids crowded around the table and talking to each other. They have a great start socially already.</p>

<p>As far as all the soon to be new faces at Another Round…we are going to need a bigger space!! lol Can’t wait to see everyone at the first game there…</p>

<p>buzymom3 - I had a party at my house last year. You were invited (I think) and just blew us off, not realizing how much fun we are. Granted, my party was smaller (I think 5 or 6 families). We were close to 20 families this year. </p>

<p>CC is great for many things but in-person chats are also important. How else can you discover that you have known a poster’s SIL and that C2012Dad coached his nephews for 12 years - or that the CC parent you spoke to for several minutes last year at the UA reception as a parent rep (and then met again on Saturday) has worked at the same company as you for 5 years? </p>

<p>We had such a great mix of kids - for returning students we had an Honors ambassador and tour guide, an MDB band member, a sorority girl, a frat boy, a B-school student, some engineers, etc. I only spoke to a couple of rising frosh (didn’t want to intrude in the kids group) but they ones I spoke to said they got so much out of speaking to the “experienced” students. </p>

<p>i really encourage you parents in other areas to organize your own get together. Your kids are going to be travelling between school/home with the fellow students in your area. They are going to see them on the plane or maybe car pool home for break. A friend to travel with can make all the difference.</p>

<p>We had a fabulous time too! Both D and I felt so welcome and got such great advice and suggestions from the veterans.</p>

<p>Don’t know of another school with parents that organize anything like this. We definitely feel part of the Bama family and my D hasn’t even stepped on campus yet. Thanks so much for organizing!</p>