Chocolate Festival?

<p>Anyone going to the Chocolate Festival on Friday?</p>

<p>I registered this summer for Parents Weekend, and this was an optional ticket event. I understand the River ride is cancelled, but this one is still going on.</p>

<p>I didn’t know about this event last year, and apparently, this is the second year it will be held.</p>

<p>Any of y’all heading over for that?</p>

<p>Looking forward to some chocolate!</p>

<p>Mmm…I wish. Because the siblings have school we cannot get away until Friday afternoon. How could it get much better…chocolate, Crimson Tide football, seeing my baby, visiting Tuscaloosa, barbecue, tailgating, and Krispy Kreme. Of course I should have put seeing my girl first…she knows how much we miss her! She’s definitely on the top of the list…lol! Roll Tide, Montegut.</p>

<p>Chocolate Festival? Well, why would we even consider other schools? Any school that offers the parents chocolate is my kind of place! :-)</p>

<p>Funny thing, the chocolate festival is at the rec center. Guess I’ll need to swim some laps after all that chocolate!</p>

<p>Seriously, though, the amount of walking I’ll be doing during the weekend will take care of that no calorie chocolate. Like I care!</p>

<p>Each year, there are several chocolate festivals around the country. Last December, there was a hot chocolate run in Washington, DC, supposedly complete with bags of chocolate for the participants. We try to hit Hersheys in PA at least once a year to get our chocolate fix.</p>

<p>I will be avoiding the chocolate festival. Although chocolate IS nature’s most perfect food, I certainly don’t need any and have no restraint where chocolate is concerned. I hope those of you who are going enjoy it!!</p>

<p>^^^Well, you have more self control than me, and judging by my size, I could probably take a page from your book. I think proceeds from the event go to a charitable cause, so thought it was a nice way to give back, too. I’ll tell my hips that so they won’t hold it against me.</p>

<p>I’ll be at the Chocolate Festival despite having not eaten chocolate for 4-5 years as I was addicted to chocolate. Luckily, going cold turkey has not affected my ability to be around chocolate. I’m looking forward to eating the food that normally gets dipped in the chocolate fountain, such as coconut macaroons. </p>

<p>As I’ll likely be one of the few college students swimming at the Beach Bash, I’ll hopefully be able to burn off the calories from all the family weekend events and then some. :)</p>

<p>Enjoyed the chocolate festival. You were lited to five samples, which was great, you couldn’t overindulge, although I was tempted to buy another ticket to get more. Most enjoyed the abundance of information gained on various health issues, applicable to both men and women. Very worthwhile event.</p>