choices

<p>It seems as if it is entirely too difficult to narrow down the search for the right college in the UC system. While people keep encouraging me to go to Berkeley and LA, I find it difficult to think of leaving my familiar San Diego. I believe it is going to come down to the faculty at the school I choose. I understand that the UC system is not very good for establishing a relationship with your instructors, but out of Berkeley, LA, and San Diego does anyone know at which one I would have the best chance of doing so.</p>

<p>Hi dewsanborn I'll try to answer your question. Large UC's are unlike privates in that you must take initiative. I believe that you can have the opportunity to know all your professors but they are not going to seek you out. It will be up to you to attend their office hours and make an effort to meet them. It is defiantly possible. Don't base your decision on this. It sounds like you really like San Diego. Have you gone to visit the other schools you are accepted into? If not I would not make a decision without doing so. Beyond that pick the school where you feel most comfortable and can see yourself living at for the next four years. Good luck to you.</p>

<p>My son goes to UCB and has enjoyed a lot of personal attention from his profs. He has taken the initiative by talking to them after class or during discussion. I mean, no one is going to ask why you weren't in class last Tuesday or anything, but I think its the size of the student's desire, not the size of the school that matters.</p>