choirs at university miami

<p>My D has been accepted to the U and is between there and a small college in NY. She will major in advertising/graphic design but is really into choirs and musical theatre. How competitive will that be at Miami if she is not part of the Frost school? This may be the determining factor to selecting her other favorite-Marist.</p>

<p>I’m an engineering student and I did choir at UM for my first two years. First year I was in the Chamber Singers and second year I did Mens Chorale. There are a lot of students in the choirs who are not music majors, plus there are a ton of different choirs to get involved with.</p>

<p>Thanks so much for that information. Today as we discussed the issues preventing her from choosing Miami that seemed to be a big obstacle. She was afraid if she chose Miami she might never be able to participate in the choirs. Are they all audition based?</p>

<p>i believe they are all audition based, but the auditions are pretty simple, just learn a page or two of a piece of music and then sing in a group of 5 or 6 people who sing the same part as you…and then they place you</p>