Choosing between Saint Louis University and Georgetown school for continuing studies

I’m a nontraditional undergraduate student who is beginning college online for the fall of 2024. This will be my first time going to college since graduating high school. I’m trying to decide between two programs that I was admitted to for the fall of 2024. I was accepted into Saint Louis University for a BA in General Studies with a minor in information systems analytics. I was also admitted into Georgetown SCS for a bachelor’s degree in liberal studies with a concentration in business. SLU is $650 per credit and Georgetown SCS is $400 per credit.

I plan on either getting a master’s degree in marketing or a graduate certificate in marketing after undergrad. My goal is to get into sales and marketing preferably IT sales. Both are terrific schools and programs. I get a lot of business classes within these liberal studies programs naturally within major course work requirements since these programs are geared towards working adult professionals. I’m thinking Georgetown’s program will give me more for what I’m after when it comes to sales and marketing as my end goal. Also, it’s cheaper. Both schools offer me an opportunity to get into marketing through its graduate schools. A Jesuit education is important to me.

Will you have any need to go in person to either of these programs at any point? If so, consider that.

Good luck to you as you start your college journey! I agree…a Jesuit education is excellent (one of my kids is a Santa Clara grad).

1 Like

I will not have a need since both programs are fully online. I will be on campus for graduation though. I’d rather go to DC all day.

2 Likes

So, if you like Georgetown better and it’s cheaper, what is keeping SLU in contention? There must be something in SLU’s favor or it wouldn’t be a hard decision, right?

2 Likes

St. Louis ribs and Nelly.

So…live in St. Louis and do online college at Georgetown!