Choosing Courses

Hi all, I am going into my senior year of high school and was certain that I wanted to take AP Physics C for science. However, looking at courses for the freshman year of an engineering school at my top picks including Alabama, it looks like I might want to take AP chem to get credit for some (or all) intro to chem courses. However, I’m not certain how much I even like physics yet which is a huge component in engineering so maybe I should take that. For reference I got an A in physics 1 honors (and the only AP physics course offered at my school is C). Pleeeeeease give me some advice.

For engineering, AP physics C will be the most helpful HS class you will take. It will help you immensely in your first year of eng classes.

I second taking AP Physics C.

My son, who will be a freshman at UA this fall, got a 5 on the AP Chem test, and has been told by a professor there that the Honors Chem at UA covers more than the AP class, so he should not use the AP credit and just take the class instead–so AP Chem might not be that helpful anyway.