Claremont McKenna Class of 2027 Official Thread

This is the official discussion thread for Claremont McKenna Class of 2027 RD applicants. Ask your questions and connect with fellow applicants.

RD Application Deadline is: January 10

EDII decision today? time?

1 Like

Glad I am part of the class!

Anyone admitted ED 2? Stats? This is a dead thread!

Do decisions for international students come out the same time as local students?

No decisions out yet ?

Mine got her decision. Hasn’t looked at it yet. I can’t blame her – too many rejections already!

DD rejected, 3.9 UW GPA, 35 ACT, varsity sports captain, tough curriculum etc.

1 Like

DS rejected. He has strong ECs, a rigorous courseload (15+ APs), and relatively high stats (3.96UW, 4.6W, 1490 SAT). He also has legacy (I’m an alum). Pretty bummed, but I know it’s gotten so difficult to get accepted, so wasn’t counting on it (his older sister had gotten in with lower stats a few years ago, but chose to stay in state and take a full ride scholarship and I wonder if that didn’t hurt him a bit - having a sister who turned down a spot).

Admissions have been super odd. He got into Tufts, but not Northeastern. He also found out today that he got into USC, but ultimately, the only large schools he applied to were USC and NEU because he decided he much prefers small liberal arts or mid-sized privates.

D23 accepted! She was really happy about this one. Wanted to ED but we said no. Also given the McKenna Award, so $15K/yr for 4 years. Very, very appreciated. She’s got good stats (33 ACT, 4.4wGPA) but her work in local politics probably made her stand out.

1 Like

I thought regular decision comes out April 1st

no, they came out on Friday the 24th. check the portal!

Any movement in the CMC waitlist?

I haven’t heard anything or any updates

1 Like

I haven’t heard anything either, but CMC, Kravis Leadership, Graphite Group, and Lowe all searched up my LinkedIn profile. I don’t know if it means anything, and I don’t want to raise my hopes. Did anything similar happen to you?

Shoot, I was on invisible mode on LinkedIn because I must’ve been looking up someone haha… I don’t think I’ve gotten views from them, but honestly can’t be sure!

1 Like

I GOT A CALL AND EMAIL! I GOT IN!!! IM LITERALLY SUBMITTING MY DEPOSIT RIGHT NOW IM SHAKING
They will first text you, next call, and then send in the financial aid offer. Once you confirm that the plan works, they will send you your acceptance letter! It looks like they have been reviewing waitlisted students since the 28th because that is when my financial plan was made. So, make sure that you have your phone on you at all times! I was literally omw to get boba.

2 Likes

Congratulations!

1 Like

Our daughter got off the WL also. Very excited, have to make U turn from school she already accepted.

1 Like