Claremont McKenna vs Colorado College vs Whitman vs Hamilton

<p>I'm down to these schools. I want to go to a school that has strong social studies departments, a close knit student community, great facilities, great food, great dorms, and great job placement after college. Also, there needs to be a work hard play hard environment. Which of these is best for me...</p>

<p>Dorms: Freshman year dorms are merely average. The bathrooms are very nice and appear to have been recently remodeled, but the rooms are nothing special. Sophomore and upperclassman have some very good options though. There are apartments that house juniors and seniors where you have a view of pikes peak, which is absolutely gorgeous. There are also many other nice options for sophomore, juniors, and seniors. Bottom line: Very average accommodations for the first year, and above average accommodations for your last three years.</p>

<p>Food: As of two years ago, Colorado College added a new food provider, which has been putting out very good food. The dinning hall is good food that is “all you care to eat,” and we also have a cafe and two other tasty eateries on campus. Overall, food is definitely above average because of the new food provider.</p>

<p>Work hard play hard: This description you have signifies Colorado College. We are in the top ten for intramural participation rate in the country. Furthermore, we definitely like to have a good time on weekends. There is always plenty of parties going on, whether they are college-sponsored, in the dorms, or in off-campus student housing. Nonetheless, even though we party pretty hard on Friday and Saturday, the library is jam-packed on Sunday with people working hard to prepare for class on Monday.</p>

<p>Unfortunately, I do not have any experiences with the other colleges you listed, but, if you are looking for the “work hard play hard environment,” that is definitely CC. Good luck with your decision!</p>

<p>Right after I posted, I saw this Washington Post article…check it out.</p>

<p>[The</a> Answer Sheet - College Tour '10: Colorado College](<a href=“http://voices.washingtonpost.com/answer-sheet/college-tour-10/college-tour-10-colorado-colle.html]The”>http://voices.washingtonpost.com/answer-sheet/college-tour-10/college-tour-10-colorado-colle.html)</p>

<p>I checked all of them out with the exceptions of Claremont. As far as campuses go, I would rank them Hamilton, Whitman and then CC as far as facilities go. Whitman was toooo remote and Hamilton wasn’t close enough to the mountains for me. Chose CC for location for outdoors stuff and education as well as block system. Hamilton would have been my second choice and Whitman my third. You have all great choices though and can’t go wrong with any one of them. Social Studies stron at all of them.</p>