Clark Scholars Program @ Texas Tech vs Summer Science Program (SSP)

I know some people on an ISEF discord server and we were talking about results. Apparently some people have already been notified, but we all live in different parts of the country.

Can say if Texans got their notifications earlier

Have you heard anything today?

I haven’t- wait are you saying only peeps in Texas have already gotten their results?

1 Like

No, but from other friends who have applied, it seems that maybe they are releasing results to Texans first, but I have friends on the east coast who have gotten results last week as well.

I was just asking if anyone else knew anything about which parts of the country get results first.

1 Like

ohhhh gotcha! by any chance do you know how many people from those places are already going?

I mean there are only 12 spots, out of the 9 people I talked to, 8 got rejected and 1 was weight listed. I have kinda given up tbh, the best thing I can really hope for is to be weight listed just so I know my effort was not completly useless.

1 Like

I’m on the east coast and I haven’t gotten anything from them

I’ll see you and @bookbutterfly8 there this summer too!! :grin:

Did you get in? Are results out today

i got in and was notified around 4/11

I got in, and I was notified around 4/29

1 Like

delete

Can I please know your stats if you dont mind sharing it. Thank you!

Were you notified by email?

1 Like

I got a phone call first, and then an email.

1 Like

@strawberrymoon33 @bookbutterfly8 @booklovers19
Hi, between SSP Astrophysics and Clark, which would you guys consider to be the better opportunity? I like how Clark involves research that is more relevant to my major choice but I also like SSP’s socialness and PSets. I’m trying to make a decision soon. Thanks.

Hey, just an outside opinion from someone whose sister went to Clark - she really loved the research and still found it really fun/social! SSP is great too obviously, just as rigorous and the cost is a downside. Overall I would say Clark but I am a bit biased, so take that with a grain of salt

1 Like

I think that if you are trying to go into astrophysics, SSP might be the better choice because it is very specialized towards that. I’ve had a friend go to Clark and another friend go to SSP. The alumni network at SSP and the social aspect is fantastic and lasts way beyond the program and into college because they host things like reunions and mentorship programs between alumni at different colleges and rising seniors. Clark is free and a much, much, smaller program in comparison where everyone is conducting research in different areas. At SSP, you’ll also get to connect with other kids that are interested in the same field as you and take advantage of the network. Tbh imho, SSP might be the better choice here, but it is ultimately up to you!

1 Like

Well, I plan to major in CS and, although SSP does involve Python programming, Clark can offer more in-depth programming and machine learning but SSP does offer the bigger social network, and both programs look about equally good for college, as well. I’m thinking that the opportunity to experience research directly related to my planned major may make Clark a better choice for me.

1 Like