Clark University Early Decision/Early Action for Fall 2023 Admission

Has anyone been notified that they are being considered for the Presidential Scholarship?

Not yet.

Has anyone been notified about the presidential scholarship? The application said that EA/ED applicants would hear by March 1st.

Are you on the Facebook group for the parents of admitted students? There was a comment about it recently, and the admissions Director confirmed that students would be notified “in March“ and invited for an April interview.

It seems like March 1 is probably a little early. But I guess it could be anytime now.

1 Like

What is the name of the official facebook group for parents of accepted students? I only see groups for the students who have accepted their offers.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/666146051528120

1 Like

They sent the link to request joining the group in an email a few weeks ago. The group is “private” but “visible” so you should be able to find it. It is called: Official Clark University Class of 2027 Families.

And the admissions Director posted an update on the scholarship today. People are a bit confused by what it means though, and with the processes.

The update:

Students selected to interview in the first round are the only ones who have been notified so far. Everyone else will get an update later this month after we select the second round of finalists.

This has been discussed on ZeeMee as well, and based on that combined with the info on the website I think I’ve pieced it together:

• Students who applied (for the scholarship, not just to Clark) by December 1 and were selected to interview have already been notified. These are largely EA and ED applicants. That was the “first round” referred to.
  • Students who applied for the scholarship between December 1 and February 1 will hear this month – most likely mid/late March.
1 Like

Will they notify you if you aren’t selected for an interview?

Thanks! I found it.

Yes, everyone who applied will be notified after the second round of finalists.

I wanted to throw this out. Looks like they are giving more money than last year. S22 got the Goddard last year for 18K plus 5K for community engagement something so 23K total. He was a high stats kid.

1 Like

Anyone go to accepted students day last week? Anyone headed there next weekend?

We are flying in Thursday night and my daughter has a bunch of tours scheduled for Friday (sit in on an econ class, campus tour, lunch with a Clarkie, athletics tour, and dorm tour) and then we have accepted students day Saturday and fly back Saturday night.

This will be our final visit before she moves in on Aug 18 so I am excited and she is a bit nervous but excited too - stressing about roommate situations

2 Likes

I’ve got a ski racer as well. Will your daughter race in college? Does Clark heave a club team?

My son is a ski racer as well. At admitted students day we didn’t see a ski race club or even a ski club but we did chat with the outdoor club. They said they organize a few trips throughout the season but that’s about it. If it doesn’t already exist a ski race club would be a great idea. Seems there is the interest and with a decent ski hill so close would be great opportunity for getting outside in the winter, meeting new friends and fun times.

1 Like

Congratulations on your daughter’s early acceptance to Clark and scholarship!! Curious - did your daughter get the presidential scholarship? What was the process like? We are very interested in Clark. Thank you!

She applied for but did not receive a presidential scholarship. She was a recruited athlete, had a pre read done in July of 2022, applied ED in august of 2022, recieved her acceptance and notification of her merit award - Traina scholarship worth 28,000 each year in September of 2022. Received full financial package in late September of 2022 and accepted their admissions offer.

She had visited campus in July and had an interview with her admissions counselor.

She applied for the presidential scholarship after she had been formally accepted. She completed the essay responses and submitted. She did not make it the interview round.

Our total financial package covers over 80% of the full cost attendance so we are pleased. No need for loans and are able to cash flow the remaining amount due

4 Likes