Class attendance?

<p>I was just watching a video at The U about U of Miami, and a girl mentioned that the university has a strict attendance policy, and she said that if you miss 1-2 classes you can be downgraded a full letter grade. Is this true?</p>

<p>is that the one from theu.com? if it is.. i am way too obsessed ha. i have no idea if its true though</p>

<p>Yeah, it's the one from TheU.com, I just found out about that site so was checking out the vids of the schools I applied to.</p>

<p>I watched all the videos and was like.. really pumped, and then she said that. What a buzz kill.</p>

<p>there's no standard policy..it all depends on your professor</p>

<p>English is mandatory the first few times and I THINK if you miss it more than two times, you're DROPPED</p>

<p>My MAS 110(Business Calc) made it clear that if we miss more than eight, our grade will drop ten percent, whereas economics is optional attendance( he does not take roll).</p>

<p>So, it really does depend on the teacher.</p>

<p>yeah it really depends on the teacher... many classes that you will take early-on don't even take attendance because they'll be large lecture classes.</p>

<p>It depends on your professor and also on your major. For architecture, if I miss more than three design studios I'm out. But for my physics and poli sci classes, the professors don't even take attendance.</p>