Class availability

<p>Does anyone know if there are many problems with registering for the classes you want? And if honors students get any priority over others?</p>

<p>Honors students do get priority registration. Even when changing classes close to the beginning of the semester, I’ve been able to get the classes I wanted.</p>

<p>Bamagirl11: While honors college students do receive priority, everything is based on credits earned (including AP/IB/dual enrollment). So the student who comes into UA with lots of credit does have a bit of an advantage over a student who does not. Does it affect registration? Generally, no, but there are some very popular university honors classes that a student may not be able to take until the second year, because those students with more credits registered earlier for them. That happened to my son last spring. Even though he registered on the second day, he did not get a particular honors class that he wanted. No harm. He found something else that interested him.</p>

<p>Our Bama Bound registration speaker told the kids that their first registration, they may not be able to get the classes they want, as the upperclassmen will have registered before them. However, after that, you should be fine. Even after Bama Bound, it is good to check before you come to campus in August to see if other sessions may have opened up. </p>

<p>Great thing about Bama is the variety of courses it offers. As momreads said, if you can’t find the class you were hoping for, it’s a good bet you’ll be able to find something else that interests you. And there’s always next semester, or even next year, to try to fit it in.</p>

<p>Bama has so many honors classes that it isn’t difficult to find ones to sign up for. The honors program at Bama is a good size, so many, many courses offered.</p>

<p>I have 2 kids at Bama, and they have not had problems getting the classes they’ve wanted - honors or non-honors. The exception was first semester freshman year for my older son. He wanted Fine Arts and Parody, but it was filled. He took it the following semester. Since then, I’ve noticed that Bama offers more sections for that popular class.</p>

<p>Another change is that Bama now offers many honors courses that are for freshman-only. Since upper-classmen can’t register for those classes, freshmen can get those courses if they want them.</p>

<p>Nearly all of the honors course fulfill General Ed/Core Curriculum req’ts. Therefore, honors students are not taking “extra” classes.</p>

<p>my daughter has not been able to get one of the classes she wants for two semesters now. : (</p>

<p>other than that she has gotten what she wanted.</p>