Class of 18 Roll Call...who's applied and who's been accepted

<p>Student Gender: Female</p>

<p>Home State: Louisiana</p>

<p>Date Applied: early August</p>

<p>Date Accepted: 10/13/2013</p>

<p>Have you visited the campus?: Yes</p>

<p>Major: Chemistry (plus humanities double major or minor–haven’t decided what yet)</p>

<p>Applying to the Honors College?: Yes, accepted</p>

<p>Career goal(s): medicine</p>

<p>Any else you’d like to mention:</p>

<p>Mom here. Just got on CC in Dec, but relied on CC news via mom2ck who has been my wonderful friend and trailblazer through DDs elementary/middle school and HS. DDs did UA Honor Band, and DD2 did Crimson Camp two summers and SITE last summer. SITE was so helpful to confirm engineering direction.</p>

<p>DD1 is UAB student in nursing and loves it - she has done Air Force ROTC this year and was issued her uniforms for summer 3 wks training - so glad DD1 is doing so well. We made sure she did not want to go to UA for business - attended a summer business program (now due to UA cutbacks they only offers the summer accounting program). DD1 applied only to 3 schools (UA, UAB, UAH). Just waiting now to see what date she goes to summer training (she made 3 date selections and they assign her to one training section). DD1 had a great 2 years with UAB marching band and plans to continue concert/wind over next two years if possible (french horn).</p>

<p>Shout out to cleonard19 - thank you for your service and Roll Tide!</p>

<p>DD2 has worked really hard on ACT testing to increase her level of scholarship at UA, and in Dec became a Presidential Scholar, also increased Engineering Scholarship - for those of you stressed over testing, or college search, or college major, or other stresses with transition to college, that was our Achilles’s heel. UA has always been DD2’s first choice.</p>

<p>Student Gender: Female </p>

<p>Home State: Alabama</p>

<p>Date Accepted: My Bama link sooner, but Judy Bonner letter 9/24. HS now uses Naviance and I had to use this link to order HS transcript - delay in process was due to getting HS transcript ordered via Naviance. Received engineering scholarship detailing increase (dated Jan 28) after bumping up on Dec ACT. </p>

<p>Have you visited the campus?: Yes, campus tour a few times, many music programs, attended Eng Day 2013, Attended Capstone Scholars Day 2014. Audition for MDB in April, then coming inNext time at BAMA Bound.</p>

<p>Major: Civil Engineering; may apply to 5th year MBA when the time comes. May also want an architect minor for design/creative side </p>

<p>Applying to the Honors College?: Yes, accepted. Applied for honors housing.</p>

<p>Career goal(s): Will be clearer as time goes on. Uncle is part of a terrific OOS civil engineering firm, so hope to be mentored by those professionals outside of UA with summer internships.</p>

<p>Any else you’d like to mention: Plan to be part of MDB (clarinet). Have concert band scholarship already; audition in April for MDB scholarship - wanted to do that separately.</p>

<p>Maybe some of you were in SITE with DD or at 2014 Scholar’s Day?</p>

<p>DS/Male</p>

<p>Home State: Illinois</p>

<p>Date Accepted: 10/2013, Date DS decided to attend…3/16!! Roll Tide!!</p>

<p>Have you visited the campus?: Yes, DH took him…it was on a Saturday and not the clincher I’d hoped for.</p>

<p>Major: Engineering, Chemical or Mechanical w/goal of work in Biology/Genetics</p>

<p>Applying to the Honors College?: Yes, accepted</p>

<p>Career goal(s): medicine or research</p>

<p>Any else you’d like to mention: The CC forum was instrumental in Alabama even being on our list. The investment UA’s making into the Engineering program and Honors students was key in the decision process.</p>

<p>Welcome and congrats…</p>

<br>

<br>

<p>Saturday visits aren’t that productive. Students aren’t around that much (in their dorms, at jobs, off-campus), profs aren’t around, and there’s few people to talk to. I can see why some schools don’t have weekend visits.</p>

<p>Student Gender:Male</p>

<p>Home State:OR</p>

<p>Date Applied: arouund november</p>

<p>Date Accepted: forgot…</p>

<p>Have you visited the campus?: no</p>

<p>Major: chemistry/biochem(pre med)</p>

<p>Applying to the Honors College?: accepted(my friend is over there yay)</p>

<p>Career goal(s): opthalmologist</p>

<p>Any else you’d like to mention: I got full tuition! YEY!!!
SUPER HAPPY.
ask me Qs if you have one :)</p>

<p>Welcome!!!</p>

<p>When will you be going to Bama Bound? </p>

<p>DD/Female</p>

<p>Home State: Connecticut</p>

<p>Date Applied: 11/25/13</p>

<p>Date Accepted: 1/16/14, Decision made 3/26/14 !!</p>

<p>Have you visited the campus?: Yes, Both she and I were very impressed</p>

<p>Major: Geology (EnviSci) w/ minor in Art</p>

<p>Applying to the Honors College?: No</p>

<p>Career goal(s): Environmental Advocacy/Law</p>

<p>Any else you’d like to mention: Bama Bound 6/30 (Couldn’t make a 2 day work with her schedule)</p>

<p>Welcome and rolltide to your daughter amf1218</p>

<p>Congrats and Roll tide!</p>

<p>SUPER LATE</p>

<p>Applied; late november.
Accepted: early December with presidential scholarship.
International kid in Oregon.</p>

<p>GPA 3.81/4.11</p>

<p>Not visited yet.(have to attend Honors college orientation)</p>

<p>Major: premed/biochemistry</p>

<p>Goal: ophthalmologist </p>

<p>It’s official: S just called for the credit card info because he is “Bama bound.” </p>

<p>I’ll try to post more at some point about the entire process, but for those not familiar with our story, the University of Alabama was our “financial safety” school–the one I strongly encouraged my kid to apply to early last fall, so he’d have an affordable alternative to our in-state flagship, as he had the stats to qualify for UA’s Presidential Scholarship. He was originally looking for a small liberal arts college and then got interested in possibly studying engineering, and I just felt he could probably get everything he needed at UA if no other school was financially viable for our family.</p>

<p>In the end, not only was UA the most affordable option, it beat every other school he considered hands down and, frankly, I’m a little shocked at how much he loved the school when he visited. Our two days on campus actually exceeded my expectations (and they were pretty high)!</p>

<p>We are so excited for him, delighted we will never need to beg for FA again, and happy to be joining the Bama family. </p>

<p>Thank you to EACH and EVERY person here who answered my questions and offered advice. What a tremendous resource you all are. </p>

<p>Roll tide!</p>

<p>Oops, forgot to include the deets:</p>

<p>Student Gender: M</p>

<p>Home State: PA</p>

<p>Date Applied: Late Octoberish???</p>

<p>Date Accepted: Nov. 7</p>

<p>Have you visited the campus?: Yes</p>

<p>Major: Mechanical engineering (for the time being!)</p>

<p>Applying to the Honors College?: Yes</p>

<p>Career goal(s): To be gainfully employed, happy and debt-free!</p>

<p>Any else you’d like to mention: I feel like we won the lottery!</p>

<p>LucieTheLakie, It is such a wonderful felling isn’t it! Our whole family so understands how you all feel, Not only is our DS excited to head off in the fall to Alabama but we as parents are over the top thankful to Bama. Congratulations. My DS will be EE,Honors and MBA-Stem Path. You might want to have yours look the MBA-Stem Path up. Roll Tide and Welcome!</p>

<p>Thanks, @TexasMomalso‌! Is the STEM MBA programs something you’re invited to apply to? I believe somebody mentioned it when we were there, but I can’t remember who it was!</p>

<p>@LucieTheLakie‌ Dr. Rob Morgan is the contact for the STEM-MBA program. Earlier, he sent out an email to eligible students, but it may have been before your son committed. You can contact him. </p>

<p>Thanks, @Maryjay!</p>

<p>LucieTheLakie I see others have answered in. MBA-Stem Path is a great way to get a MBA in five years. A lot of the kids in Honors have applied for that program. I think a e-mail went out in March to likely students that might wan to apply it was sent to the students Crimson e-mail. If yours did not get it or missed it you should look into it to see if your DS might like to apply. </p>

<p>^^^Thanks. Will do! </p>

<p>He’s gotten so much mail from Bama since last fall we really need to go through it piece by piece and make sure we didn’t miss anything!</p>

<p>Student Gender: DD/Female
Home State: Washington
Date Applied: 8/13
Date Accepted: 8/21
Have you visited the campus?: Yes, just visited for the first time earlier this month, loved it (of course)
Major: Chemical Engineering
Applying to the Honors College?: Yes, already admitted
Career goal(s): Something in the Biomedical field
Any else you’d like to mention: Have been an unofficial lurker since college search started last year. Have learned SO much from everyone – thank you for putting UA on our radar! The full tuition + engineering scholarship was hard to beat BUT daughter took some convincing. However, now that she’s decided, she’s very excited! </p>

<p>Welcome!</p>

<p>Student Gender: F</p>

<p>Home State: AL</p>

<p>Date Applied: a couple of months ago I guess</p>

<p>Date Accepted: last week</p>

<p>Have you visited the campus?: many, many times</p>

<p>Major: MSN</p>

<p>Applying to the Honors College?: No</p>

<p>Career goal(s): Already an RN, but maybe teaching nurses in my future.</p>

<p>Any else you’d like to mention: I couldn’t resist this. I’m 50 years old and after sending 3 kids to UA, it’s my turn to advance my degree!! My daughter, the youngest, is finishing her freshman year at UA, she’s AXO, and when the last kid left, I said…Hey, why not?! Lol. Good luck to everyone and you’re never too old to follow your dreams!</p>