Class of 18 Roll Call...who's applied and who's been accepted

<p>Welcome and Congrats to all on a “Bamatastic choice” .
StangSVT…Wow, returning to school…you rock, your kids must be so proud!!</p>

<p>Wishing everyone much luck in their future endeavors! RTR!</p>

<p>New to the Forum! My equestrian daughter just found out she will be in Lakeside East. I am devouring posts to find out about how to be a Success Mother of a Freshman 1000 Miles From Home…</p>

<p>Welcome!!!</p>

<p>Mom2- I am a new member to college confidential and don’t know how to pm. My son has been accepted to CBHP from the reserve pool and has to notify Mrs Batson of his decision by Friday. We would so appreciate the opportunity to speak with you. I have followed the Bama threads for the past year and appreciate your knowledge! Can you advise me on how to pm, if that is acceptable to you? Thanks!</p>

<p>I am not sure if you need 15 posts to pm. I will send you a pm, and then you can respond. </p>

<p>(to send a pm, you click on their name, and then in the new window, you click on the message link.</p>

<p>TennisAce99- My DD was pulled from the reserve pool two years ago and it was like winning the lottery. She has had the most wonderful opportunities. Like anything, it will be what your child makes of it. Roll Tide. </p>

<p>Sniner- Thanks for your reply. I agree that it is a wonderful opportunity. My DS will be speaking with Dr Sharpe tomorrow. Hopefully that will help him with his decision. It’s CBHP or University of Florida. Hard decision for a Florida boy </p>

<p>TennisAce99- How did the visit go?</p>

<p>Son was accepted into CBHP and STEM MBA and finished Bama Bound last week. He was skittish about Alabama since he lives 2000 miles away in the Northwest but after the visit, he really likes the school. The entire family went and we were impressed by the campus, the dorms are ridiculously nice and especially by the people. We were given a personal tour by upperclass CBH’ers of Alabama’s facilities. </p>

<p>Son is happy that he chose Alabama over top 20 LAC and several other schools that offered full ride scholarships. </p>

<p>Welcome!</p>

<p>It’s late, but why not, it matches the rest of my experience.</p>

<p>Male</p>

<p>Home State: WI</p>

<p>Date Applied: 3/31/14</p>

<p>Date Accepted: 4/8/14</p>

<p>Have you visited the campus?: Yes, it felt perfect. we arrived the day before my official tour and in the evening took a walk around campus. Lots of happy looking college kids walking around smiling, laughing, beautiful campus at sunset a band started playing Sweet Home Alabama.</p>

<p>Major: Biology (pre-med), STEM to MBA</p>

<p>Applying to the Honors College?: Yes and accepted.</p>

<p>Career goal(s): Physician or Biotech Businessman</p>

<p>Anything else: Presidential Scholarship. Everything worked out perfectly, like it was meant to be. Excellent brand new air conditioned suit style dorm.</p>

<p>@Mandalorian‌, you didn’t apply until 3/31 and were able to get the Presidential Scholarship AND suite-style housing?</p>

<p>???</p>

<p>Maybe he is NMF? NMFs can get the Presidential plus the rest if they apply by Apr 30th. If he is NMF, then that may also be how he got suites style housing. Bama usually reserves a couple hundred suites style for NMFs and NAs.</p>

<p>for those with students going to UA - there are student and parent facebook pages - parents of UA class of 2018 and parent of UA.</p>

<p>

</p>

<p>This was the student who applied late to Bama and had to be persuaded to apply to the honors college, so I don’t think he’s a NMF: <a href=“Alabama vs. Ole Miss - University of Alabama - College Confidential Forums”>http://talk.collegeconfidential.com/university-alabama/1632634-alabama-vs-ole-miss-p1.html&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p&gt;

<p>Apparently after being initially assigned to Paty he chose suite-style over honors and that’s how he got the suite: <a href=“Housing disappointment - #87 by Mandalorian - University of Alabama - College Confidential Forums”>Housing disappointment - #87 by Mandalorian - University of Alabama - College Confidential Forums;

<p>My kid made the opposite choice and is still assigned to Paty nearly six week after requesting a reassignment. </p>

<p>I sent you PM, LucieTheLakie.</p>

<p>I saw on the UA parent facebook page that Paty was remodeled/updated…so accommodations improved. I have seen favorable comments about Paty. Check out on UA web site.</p>

<p>Yup, that’s what happened. There was a long story and things worked out perfectly for me. </p>

<p>wrong thread… oops.</p>

<p>Hi Mom2,
I was just accepted into the Crimson Edge program and im still a little confused on it. Am i still considered a student and everything? Will i still be able to do things like rush etc?</p>