Class of 18 Roll Call...who's applied and who's been accepted

<p>DS has a student tab! And a link to Honors Applications that I don’t remember seeing before!!! :D</p>

<p>Yes!</p>

<p>When there are new tabs and an Honors College link…you’re in!</p>

<p>Accepted! Roll Tide!</p>

<p>Student Gender: Female</p>

<p>Home State: CT</p>

<p>Date Applied: 7/2/13</p>

<p>Date Accepted: maybe today–has a bunch of extra tabs but nothing noted on admissions status</p>

<p>Have you visited the campus?: No, going in November</p>

<p>Major: Biology</p>

<p>Applying to the Honors College?: No</p>

<p>Career Goal(s): molecular geneticist</p>

<p>Parents on here…are you telling your kids they may be accepted or keeping it a secret until they get The Letter?</p>

<p>My school won’t send the transcript until late August, which is a major buzz-kill.</p>

<p>Keeping it a secret 3kidsinhs, want to record the moment.</p>

<p>My daughter accepted today also – her sister will be a sophomore at Bama this year… Their younger sister will be a few years behind them :slight_smile: – Think I will go ahead and tell her when the moment is right - make it a good surprise.</p>

<p>RTR!!</p>

<p>Accepted ! I think - Have the student tab and Honors College App available. Do we get an email or letter at some point or is this as official as it will be getting? Also, on the Honors College App it says “incoming freshmen should aim to apply as soon as possible to facilitate registration for Honors Housing and Honors Orientation” - does this mean we will not get Honors Housing if we fill this out after a certain date? I was planning on waiting until September/October to see if I gain any titles for school clubs to add.</p>

<p>Oh & sorry to double post but also - are scholarship recipients notified? Of course they’re automatic, but it’d be reassuring to have it stated in writing for me personally.</p>

<p>DD has student tab too, and I am 3000 miles away!</p>

<p>@almostlimitless</p>

<p>You’ll need to apply soon enough to provide adequate time for the Honors College to accept you before room selection in order to be eligible for Honors housing. There is a place on MyBama that indicates that eligibility and will not change until you are accepted to the HC. If not, you will not be able to select Honors housing. It won’t hurt to wait a couple of weeks though.</p>

<p>In past years a letter has gone out to scholarship recipients around October if I remember correctly from our older student. Scholarship acceptances are different and are not available until the spring. No worries, you have it in writing at scholarships.ua.edu! Roll Tide!</p>

<p>My DD has new tabs!!
When I click on the tab to make deposit for freshman enrollment fee, I have a blank screen. But she’s able to apply for Honor’s? Anybody else have the same?</p>

<p>Accepted and so excited!! </p>

<p>One question:</p>

<p>Does anybody know if I should still fill out the Honors Application w/ the essay even if I will probably be a National Merit Scholar?</p>

<p>So are you able to pay the Freshman deposit?</p>

<p>I applied to UA in mid-July. </p>

<p>This is what I see. I haven’t checked the myBama thing in a while, so I don’t remember if this is different from how it looks or not. </p>

<p><a href=“http://i39.■■■■■■■.com/21opsgy.jpg[/url]”>http://i39.■■■■■■■.com/21opsgy.jpg&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p&gt;

<p>Does this show if I was accepted or not?</p>

<p>You should be good – see if you also have option to apply for Honors College</p>

<p>… also to answer a question regarding freshman deposit, I also have a blank screen even after I click the link to pay the deposit</p>

<p>My daughter has a blank screen there, too. Don’t know if it matters, but she actually applied June 18. I think I put July 1on an earlier post.</p>

<p>Windowpainting…yes you still apply to the HC even if NMF.</p>

<p>Bama probably hasn’t set up the enrollment deposit process yet…so a blank screen for that link.</p>

<p>Student Gender: Male</p>

<p>Home State: CA</p>

<p>Date Applied: July</p>

<p>Date Accepted: 8/15</p>

<p>Have you visited the campus?: student no; parents yes with older daughter…will visit in
February</p>

<p>Major: biology…premed…maybe STEM to MBA</p>

<p>Applying to the Honors College?: Yes, </p>

<p>Career Goal(s): Probably Medicine</p>