Class of 18 Roll Call...who's applied and who's been accepted

<p>Freshman deposit link is now available! Roll Tide!</p>

<p>^Can one go ahead and do a deposit before knowing about Honors College?</p>

<p>Sure! If admission to the Honors College is a deal breaker for you though, I wouldn’t. The deposit is non-refundable. If you have the stats for the Honors College though, I would not worry.</p>

<p>D is accepted. Will apply to HC this weekend! Has prez scholar stats, so we’re getting excited.</p>

<p>Roll PRIDE Roll</p>

<p>Wow! What a speedy reply! Ds should be National Merit. Alabama is one of his “safety” schools - we won’t know about some others on his list until April 1 anyway. I am prepared to risk losing the deposit to insure an early pick on housing. :D</p>

<p>Enrollment deposit. Check. Roll Tide!</p>

<p>My son has a student tab but not an honors. The application has no status associated. Seems very odd.</p>

<p>It shows the school received the info July 7.</p>

<p>D has been accepted! Senior year starts on Wednesday. U of A is not currently her top choice, but how awesome to begin the year with an acceptance & a full-tuition scholarship. As I was logging in to myBama this morning, I was interrupted by an AP news alert that Alabama is # 1 in the football poll for the coming year (shocker!) Roll Tide!</p>

<p>Kidat1 - the Honors isn’t actually a tab - it’s a section with links on the Academics tab. If those are live, I think that’s a good sign!</p>

<p>Freshman deposit paid for DD. she begins her senior year Monday- so excited to be a Bama Mama!</p>

<p>@GertrudeMcFuzz - Yes I see the Honors College section on that page. It just seems odd that checking application status shows no status but that they have received test scores, transcripts, application, etc. We did not receive any email or notification.</p>

<p>But I do see the freshman deposit and there it says admitted. They should put something like that on the “Check Your Status” page.</p>

<p>Is the freshman deposit the one that you guys recommended to pay quickly?</p>

<p>kldat1 - I agree, it would be nice to see something noted on “check your status” page; however, if I recall correctly, it never showed up for my older daughter who is a rising sophomore at Bama - and I don’t see anything for my middle daughter this go around, even though she has the student tab, ability to apply to honors, and ability to pay freshman deposit (and we do have that ability now)… </p>

<p>The official notification (with a suitable for framing certificate) will be mailed along with a letter – I can’t remember if there was actually an email or not. We haven’t been “officially” notified of acceptance yet.</p>

<p>The ability to see the acceptance through tabs on “mybama” is just what past parents have picked up as an early indication of acceptance.</p>

<p>Student Gender: Male</p>

<p>Home State: Florida</p>

<p>Date Applied: 8/5</p>

<p>Date Accepted: 8/16</p>

<p>Have you visited the campus?: yes</p>

<p>Major: Electrical Engineering (plan to pursue the double major EE and Physics)</p>

<p>Applying to the Honors College?: yes</p>

<p>Career goal(s): open to the opportunities that come with knowing about Quantum Mechanics, likely pursuit of graduate degree</p>

<p>Any else you’d like to mention: Homeschooled student - Thanks UA for being open-minded :slight_smile: Roll Tide!</p>

<p>Ahh, thanks for the tip on the freshman enrollment page. It was nice to actually see the words “You have been admitted - congratulations!” Hopefully a big fat envelope will arrive in the mail soon?</p>

<p>Student Gender: female</p>

<p>Home State: Ohio</p>

<p>Date Applied: 7/18</p>

<p>Date Accepted: 8/16</p>

<p>Have you visited the campus?: yes</p>

<p>Major: Chemical Engineering, STEM MBA </p>

<p>Applying to the Honors College?:yes</p>

<p>Career goal(s): medicine</p>

<p>Any else you’d like to mention:</p>

<p>My child did receive an acceptance letter in the mailbox yesterday so they are starting to be sent out. Today we received a certificate of acceptance as well. </p>

<p>GertrudeMcFuzz- The letter yesterday was in a legal sized white envelope from the Office of Admissions- no fat envelope.</p>

<p>Sure wish we could get my son’s HS transcript so we could finalize his app. School starts in a week, so the guidance counselor said we can order them then. He is so ready to have them all completed.</p>

<p>Student Gender: Male</p>

<p>Home State: Missouri</p>

<p>Date Applied: 8/10</p>

<p>Date Accepted: Waiting for high school to send transcript</p>

<p>Have you visited the campus?: yes and SITE attendee</p>

<p>Major: Aerospace Engineering</p>

<p>Applying to the Honors College?: yes, Presidential</p>

<p>Career goal(s): want to invent something</p>

<p>Any else you’d like to mention: Roll Tide!</p>

<p>Congrats on the Presidential, Maryjay!</p>