Class of 18 Roll Call...who's applied and who's been accepted

<p>Thanks, Edjumacation, and to you as well! Of course, I’m jumping the gun to list that for my son, because we are in the same boat as you are - waiting for his high school to decide to send transcripts. I hear that should happen about August 28. In the meantime, I guess he will work on that scholarship application.
Perhaps the two of you will cross paths next year about this time!
Are you thinking of participating in Alabama Action or Outdoor Action?</p>

<p>AA sounds pretty cool, as does the fellows experience. I’m going to try to do both, but we’ll see. Really excited! Alabama seems to have an infinite amount of opportunities.</p>

<p>If i got to bama I will hopefully be in class of 2018. I will be tranferring in. so i will get back to this in 3 years time lol</p>

<p>This is probably a dumb question, but is scholarship information mailed? I haven’t received my letter yet (I’ve only seen the freshman enrollment option on myBama)–is the info in the mail? Is there a way to check for scholarships received online? I’ve applied for UA scholarships already.</p>

<p>Are the out of state scholarships automatic or do you have to apply? I meet the requirements to be a UA Scholar but don’t recall ever filling out anything relating to that.</p>

<p>My daughter got her acceptance letter in yesterdays mail – She is excited to join big sister at Bama next year. RTR!!!</p>

<p>Student Gender: Male</p>

<p>Home State: Georgia</p>

<p>Date Applied: May 2013 (For Spring 2014)</p>

<p>Date Accepted: May 2013</p>

<p>Have you visited the campus?: Yes</p>

<p>Major: Chem E</p>

<p>Applying to the Honors College?: No</p>

<p>Career goal(s): Kick butt, take names, apply to medical school, process engineer as a fallback</p>

<p>Any else you’d like to mention: I was admitted solely on my ACT score and my military service. It’s been 8 years since I was a high school student. If I had applied based on my pre-military academic performance, I wouldn’t have been accepted.</p>

<p>Good luck, cleonard! Wishing you the best!! Sometimes life takes us different routes. I was also a non-traditional student. You’ll do great! So much more life experience behind you than the other students just starting.</p>

<p>My S received his admit letter and certificate today in the mail. He was VERY excited! Roll Tide!!!</p>

<p>^^^ Congratulations and Roll Tide! D received hers today, too! She was so excited that she played Rammer Jammer loud and proud on her way up the driveway just so the obnoxious au’barner next door could enjoy hearing it.:slight_smile: Roll Tide!</p>

<p>cleonard…</p>

<p>I suggest that you establish residency while here. It’s easier to get admitted to UAB or USA med schools if you’re a resident. And southern schools love vets.</p>

<p>Home State: Massachusetts</p>

<p>Date Applied: July 1, 2013</p>

<p>Date Accepted: August 16, 2013</p>

<p>Have you visited the campus?: Yes</p>

<p>Major: Communications</p>

<p>Applying to the Honors College?: No</p>

<p>Career goal(s): Sports radio announcer</p>

<p>Any else you’d like to mention: Have wanted to attend since 10 years old! Roll Tide</p>

<p>Son got the acceptance letter today dated 8/16. He applied on 7/12th.
Have not received anything on Financial aid and Scholarship.
Nothing on myBama site either for admittance…</p>

<p>Anyone knows when they announce the Full Tuition Recipients… Do we need to fill in the Financial forms first we already Fill the Scholarships forms. </p>

<p>What is honor College and what is University Fellows ?? </p>

<p>He has a ACT composite 32 and Superscore of 34 with 4.0 /4.0 and 5.8/6.0
Ranked 2/648 and expecting Rank 1 by end of senior Year.</p>

<p>He will go chemical Engineering with a path to Medicine…</p>

<p>This gives us something in hand if other high reach schools rejected him or accepted him with a low FA…</p>

<p>Daughter got her certificate and letter today. :)</p>

<p>What is the cost for honor housing. Is it $8800 per year…</p>

<p>Dadfor2014</p>

<p>Welcome. Please make a new thread for your questions so that this thread stays focused on the Roll Call.</p>

<p>DS just got his acceptance letter. Very happy!</p>

<p>Home State: California</p>

<p>Date Applied: August 9, 2013</p>

<p>Date Accepted: August 22, 2013</p>

<p>Have you visited the campus?: Not yet</p>

<p>Major: Political Science</p>

<p>Applying to the Honors College?: Yes</p>

<p>Career goal(s): Local government or Non-Profit management</p>

<p>Any else you’d like to mention: Interested in University Scholars program for M.P.A.</p>

<p>Student Gender: Female</p>

<p>Home State: Texas</p>

<p>Date Applied: August 1, 2013</p>

<p>Date Accepted: August 19, 2013</p>

<p>Have you visited the campus?: not officially </p>

<p>Major: English</p>

<p>Applying to the Honors College?: Yes</p>

<p>Career goal(s): Trying to decide between education and medicine</p>

<p>Any else you’d like to mention: Definitely planning on going Greek!</p>

<p>^Haha, two pages exist now. </p>

<p><a href=“https://www.facebook.com/groups/1403116909903069/[/url]”>https://www.facebook.com/groups/1403116909903069/&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p&gt;

<p>My son has had his “student” tab for a few days. Just waiting on his letter of acceptance to make it official.</p>

<p>Congratulations to all the newly accepted students!! I believe y’all deserve a Roll Tide!!</p>